• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Removing Chewing gum from carpets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Chewing gum from carpets

One of my esteemed customers left a little token of appreciation on the carpet outside the project room.

A good long spray with the freezer aerosol & voila!

It goes all crispy & is easily removed.

Thank Google for that.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    One of my esteemed customers left a little token of appreciation on the carpet outside the project room.

Thank Google for that.
    The customer went crispy & was easily removed?

Comment

Thank Google for that.
      Was it in your contract to carry out that work or were you under client direction when made to do it? IR35 alert!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank Google for that.
        One hot summer in the nineties I was sitting in the car during a traffic jam sun roof open. My testacies were sweating , I spayed some freezer spay on the trousers; it was nice however, it caused a mist to rise from that area much to the amazement of passengers on a passing bus.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          The customer went crispy & was easily removed?
          Only when he uses the modified cattle prod.

<KZZZZZZRT.... thud>
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Only when he uses the modified cattle prod.

<KZZZZZZRT.... thud>
            Originally posted by zeitghost
            Only in my dreams
            Try writing to Jim'll Fix It!!!

Comment

Reminds me of Top Tips in viz where we were advised to save money by cutting out gum and instead chew on a rubber band with a squirt of colgate!

Comment

Thank Google for that.
                Saw a chap doing that on pub carpets many moons ago. A Plan B to occupy some bench time, perhaps.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Saw a chap doing that on pub carpets many moons ago. A Plan B to occupy some bench time, perhaps.
                  I saw someone using a high pressure jet on the pavement in the town centre the other week. It wasn't until I stopped to survey the surrounding area that I noticed just how much chewing gum was stuck to the pavement. That's what they were after I think, and other small bits of stuff stuck to the pavement. A high pressure water jet may not be as effective as freeze spray on office carpets though.

Comment

Working...
                  X