• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brits are still good at something...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brits are still good at something...

Decision making. Cameron and Clegg took 4 days to form a pretty solid looking coalition agreement. Most European countries take 40 days or more for this, and even then some fail altogether.

Keep this up and wipe out the government bureaucracy and Britain’s economy will fly past the stodgy bureaucrats over here on le continent.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I wouldn't be surprised if Hague was instrumental in much of it. I was glad to see him involved in the negotiations and thought him the best man for the job, and about him being made Foreign Secretary (a likely tricky area to come).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if Hague was instrumental in much of it. I was glad to see him involved in the negotiations and thought him the best man for the job, and about him being made Foreign Secretary (a likely tricky area to come).
      Yep. Hague's a Good chappy. Serious though, if I look around businesses here in NL there are lots of Brits and Irish; generally they’re capable of taking decisions and saying ‘OK let’s get on with it and sort out the paperwork later’, whereas the Dutch follow a procedural approach that takes months to achieve nothing more than producing some pieces of paper.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
      X