• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU calls for budget primacy over sovereign parliaments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU calls for budget primacy over sovereign parliaments

EU imposes wage cuts on Spanish 'Protectorate', calls for budget primacy over sovereign parliaments

.. Commission president Jose Barroso unveiled plans for EU control over national budgets, including an incendiary demand that Brussels should vet budgets before their first reading in Westminster, the Bundestag, and other parliaments. ..
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Is that the same EU whose auditors have refused to sign off the bloc's financial accounts for the 13th year in a row.

The auditors say there are weaknesses across the board and complain of neglect and presumed attempts at fraud.
    And they want to vet other countries budgets?

Comment

Tell them to bugger off.

How did we get into a position where the EU is now running the UK budget? Heath, Major, Blair and Brown should be strung up for treason.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Heath, Major, Blair and Brown should be strung up for treason.
        I think you might have left it a bit late to string Heath up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I think you might have left it a bit late to string Heath up.
          We could do Blair twice?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            We could do Blair twice?
            There is a precedent for this:

The treatment of the corpses
            Cromwell's corpse had been embalmed and wrapped in cloth after the post - mortem. It was dug up along with those of his son in law Henry Ireton and John Bradshaw, who had been the judge at the trial of King Charles. The bodies were removed from Westminster Abbey on 26th January 1661. Four days later, on the anniversary of the execution of Charles I they were dragged to Tyburn. They were hung from the gallows all day before being taken down and having the heads severed from the bodies. It took more than one blow to remove Cromwell's head.

Eyewitness accounts
            There are several descriptions of the events of 30th January 1661. A merchant, Samuel Sainthill wrote...
            "they were hanged by the neck from morning. Cromwell in a green seare cloth, very fresh embalmed; Ireton....hung like a dried rat"
            I really do like that "dried rat" bit.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              There is a precedent for this:

I really do like that "dried rat" bit.
              According to a quick look on Wiki, he'd been buried quite a few years before being dug up, hung and decapitated. The embalming process must have been surprisingly effective if they had trouble hacking his head off after all that time, maybe he didn't tip the the axeman. And then his head was left on a pike for 25 years or so before being sold, and many years later ended up being buried in Cambridge.

Comment

Working...
              X