• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camping Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping Holiday

Anyone ever been on a camping holiday via a cheapo airline & car hire before? Have always wanted to go down to Galicia but the cost of the ferry is well pricey & I only have a week so could do without 2 days on a boat anyhow. What I mean is, can you feasibly pack all the gear you'd need for a couple (i.e. large 3 man tent, stove, few pots & pans etc) on a plane without incurring daft costs?

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Anyone ever been on a camping holiday via a cheapo airline & car hire before? Have always wanted to go down to Galicia but the cost of the ferry is well pricey & I only have a week so could do without 2 days on a boat anyhow. What I mean is, can you feasibly pack all the gear you'd need for a couple (i.e. large 3 man tent, stove, few pots & pans etc) on a plane without incurring daft costs?
    This is a contracting board. Please take your tails of poverty and chavness to www.cheapholidayonbenefits.co.uk!

Whatever next?!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You could drive. London, UK to Santiago de Compostela, Spain - Google Maps

I've done that trip twice sharing the driving. Mind you, I'd want more than a week there to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        This is a contracting board. Please take your tails of poverty and chavness to www.cheapholidayonbenefits.co.uk!

Whatever next?!!!!
        Hey Boyo, Don't be such an elitist, many contractors on these here boards have experienceed plenty hardship over the last coupl of years, I may be on big whack IB rates again now but last couple of years our family hildays were camping in France or UK, so there.

Comment

How about the train? You could get the Eurostar to Paris Gare Du Nord then cross town on the Metro to Austerlitz and that
          should take you all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

Camping is not always a particular cheap option but in Euro Land camping is not looked down upon. I would not advise fly and camp, it’s too much bother and you could get self catering for the same rate. However, there is (or was) a campsite on the beach in Larnaca Cyprus that is a short bus ride from the airport and many campsites on the island. There again, at one time I arrived in Larnaca without accommodation but found a large flat above first bar I stopped at for £15 a day plus a cheap car for hire just down the road.

I would suggest keep nearer to home and choose something in France, Germany or Spain and go by car. Car ferries are very cheap these days.

http://naturist-camping.masdelabalma...nce/index.html
            Last edited by Paddy; 14 May 2010, 12:26.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I would suggest keep nearer to home and choose something in France, Germany or Spain and go by car. Car ferries are very cheap these days.
              WHS, I usually camp when I go on my steam ups

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                WHS, I usually camp when I go on my steam ups
                Have you got any badges on your anorak?

Comment

Could use one of those companies that supplies you with a tent at your destination campsite or see if you can hire a tent.

Comment

Working...
                  X