• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estonia 'can adopt euro' in 2011 - EU Commission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estonia 'can adopt euro' in 2011 - EU Commission

BBC News - Estonia 'can adopt euro' in 2011 - EU Commission

(That's the currency, not the EU). They must be better off than most of the other euro countries, whom I'm not sure many of which would be qualified to join these days

Final decision expected June. One of my tasks is a change project for this.

Comment

There'll be a Euro in 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        Yes, why not? There's still a Rouble isn't there?

Comment

I came across an unverified assertion yesterday which said no fiat currency has lasted more than a human lifetime (100 years I guess) and another that said that period was only 37 years max. I didn't find any reliable sources (or look that hard) though. The general idea being that fiat currencies go pop surprising quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            The way things are going there may not be a euro in June!
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              The way things are going there may not be a euro in June!
              Something related to your 'Germany leaving the Euro' speculation:

Sarkozy Threatens To Pull France Out Of Euro | zero hedge

He just wanted his own way, banging fists on table, wanting France's banks bailed out with other people's money (UK's preferably), etc, usual stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Something related to your 'Germany leaving the Euro' speculation:

Sarkozy Threatens To Pull France Out Of Euro | zero hedge

He just wanted his own way, banging fists on table, wanting France's banks bailed out with other people's money (UK's preferably), etc, usual stuff.
                But Berlin denies it. I expect it was just a made up story.

Comment

Working...
                X