• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's first to crack?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's first to crack?

Bookies have already published the odds on who they think will be the first cabinet minister to resign. Since the CUK massive is always accurate in their predictions, who do you think will go first?

Poll to follow.
    St. Vince
    23.08%
    Nick Clegg
    0.00%
    Chris Huhne
    7.69%
    Lord Strathclyde
    0.00%
    Liam Fox
    15.38%
    Ken Clarke
    15.38%
    Iain Duncan Smith
    0.00%
    David Laws
    0.00%
    Other
    15.38%
    AndyW should be in the cabinet!
    23.08%
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    Bookies have already published the odds on who they think will be the first cabinet minister to resign. Since the CUK massive is always accurate in their predictions, who do you think will go first?

Poll to follow.
    Well as long as MF isn't running the book, I'll have a fiver on Vince Cable.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Here's the odds that I've seen published:

Code:
      Vincent Cable      25%  £10 wins £40
      Nick Clegg         20%  £10 wins £50
      Chris Huhne        17%  £10 wins £58
      Lord Strathclyde   11%  £10 wins £90
      Liam Fox           10%  £10 wins £100
      Kenneth Clarke      8%  £10 wins £125
      Iain Duncan Smith   7%  £10 wins £142
      David Laws          6%  £10 wins £166
      Source: smarkets

Comment

I've already stuck a tenner on Vince to go first - he's running a ministry that he has campaigned to scrap, and is stuck with the job of explaining maths to George Osborne.

Can't be much fun.

Comment

I've already stuck a tenner on Vince to go first - he's running a ministry that he has campaigned to scrap, and is stuck with the job of explaining maths to George Osborne.

Can't be much fun.
          Absolute travisty that Cable isn't Chancellor.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Absolute travisty that Cable isn't Chancellor.
            Lord Ashcroft put a block on it, as Cable has some very interesting views on what needs to be done.

Cable didn't even get banking reform, because the banks were too scared of him having some power over them.

Comment

Lord Ashcroft put a block on it, as Cable has some very interesting views on what needs to be done.

Cable didn't even get banking reform, because the banks were too scared of him having some power over them.
              Interesting. TBH, Clegg should have held out for Vince to be Chancellor.

Do you have a linky?

Not that I don't believe you but have tuned out of politics since the second leaders debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Interesting. TBH, Clegg should have held out for Vince to be Chancellor.

Do you have a linky?

Not that I don't believe you but have tuned out of politics since the second leaders debate.
                Vince on the future of the DTI:

Our proposal to abolish the DTI is not just about saving money but because we understand the frustration business has with a meddling, centralising, over regulating government. Its abolition is the largest act of deregulation.
                Banking reform needs the full support of government | guardian.co.uk

Looks like Cable is due to get banking reform...

First coalition cracks emerge as Cable takes back seat to Osborne on banks

Oops, no he's not.

Is Vince Happy?

Can't find the one I read about Ashcroft at the moment - will look tomorrow at some stage, if I remember.

Comment

Vince on the future of the DTI:

Banking reform needs the full support of government | guardian.co.uk

Looks like Cable is due to get banking reform...

First coalition cracks emerge as Cable takes back seat to Osborne on banks

Oops, no he's not.

Is Vince Happy?

Can't find the one I read about Ashcroft at the moment - will look tomorrow at some stage, if I remember.
                  Ta, will take a look-see.

Comment

Isn't Liam Fox married to Billie chris evans Piper?

Comment

Working...
                    X