• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS: Double Boomed-ish.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS: Double Boomed-ish.....

It could only happen to me, after 7 months on bench, had to go perm to pay the bills. Eight months later on a rather low salary I finally got offered another job, local, permie, cracking salary. I was still waiting on a gig in Dusseldorf (remember the Skype interview?) but that dragged on but the agent pleaded with me to hang on till 11:00 today, heard nowt, accepted the other (to agent), verbally pending a nosey at the contract of course as is my wont.

Just now the agent came back and offered me the gig.

Three months plus extentions but it's our family goal to relocate to DE or CH and this would be a good first step.

Bollocks, wish I hadn't got the option, now I've got some thinking to do, I know I've probably legally committed myself to the perm job and it's most sensible option in this climate so my options are a bit limited really. Wish I had no choice, like in the Soviet Union...!

Arghh...

Don't fall into the same trap as I did. You're in a job now and the other agent is only upset at losing his commision...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Don't fall into the same trap as I did. You're in a job now and the other agent is only upset at losing his commision...
      Yeah after the initial FFS better to go with the permie for now, quick calc is assuming DD gig goes for full year, nothing guaranteed, after expenses gig is worth 33% more over 12 months - not worth the upheaval plus being away from home plus not so secure.

Agent doesn't worry me, they shouldn't have dragged their collective feets, it's just me and my 'I want it both ways' mentality!

Comment

Working...
      X