• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After a week of lurking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a week of lurking

I wanted to let you all know you are the dullest bunch of posters I have seen in all my days on this forum. Tory fetished, election obsessed, politically biased, 'my lunch' thread oriented, dull, seriously dull, boring, mindnumbingly spirit-crushingly uninteresting bunch of individuals ever.

Thanks to my forum addiction I have begrudgingly come back (you're welcome) and shall inject rays of sunshine into your otherwise dull lives in an effort to make up for humour and all round good content that was previously posted by the posters listed in Zippy's sig. Seriously, can we get back some of those please? Do whatever it takes because this forum is dieing of death (IMVHO).

Thanks

SY01
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I wanted to let you all know you are the dullest bunch of posters I have seen in all my days on this forum. Tory fetished, election obsessed, politically biased, 'my lunch' thread oriented, dull, seriously dull, boring, mindnumbingly spirit-crushingly uninteresting bunch of individuals ever.

Thanks to my forum addiction I have begrudgingly come back (you're welcome) and shall inject rays of sunshine into your otherwise dull lives in an effort to make up for humour and all round good content that was previously posted by the posters listed in Zippy's sig. Seriously, can we get back some of those please? Do whatever it takes because this forum is dieing of death (IMVHO).

Thanks

SY01
    What I love about you SY01, is that your like a punch drunk boxer who having fought and lost many times before always comes back out of retirement to try and regain the glory years.

Well thats what I thought was meant when Cojak said you were like Freddy Mercury and liked to get beaten about the ring.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thanks

SY01
      If I found this forum as incredibly boring as you claim to, I'd probably not really bother with it anymore.

Perhaps you could try that approach on for size? I am sure there must be far more interesting fora (?!) out there, willing to bestow on you the attention you seem to crave.

I sound a bit mean here, I am aware of that. I don't intend to - I'm actually genuinely baffled.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        If I found this forum as incredibly boring as you claim to, I'd probably not really bother with it anymore.

Perhaps you could try that approach on for size? I am sure there must be far more interesting fora (?!) out there, willing to bestow on you the attention you seem to crave.

I sound a bit mean here, I am aware of that. I don't intend to - I'm actually genuinely baffled.
        I can understand why you are baffled. Don't take this to heart but you aren't the sharpest crayon in the box. If you re-read my original post (print it out and put a ruler beneath the lines, mouth the words if it helps) you will see that my two key reasons for returning are :

Wanting to contribute something interesting to the forum as since the decent contributors have left.
        Forum addiction.

If this is still a problem I have visio and can send you a diagram.

HTH

Comment

I can understand why you are baffled. Don't take this to heart but you aren't the sharpest crayon in the box. If you re-read my original post (print it out and put a ruler beneath the lines, mouth the words if it helps) you will see that my two key reasons for returning are :

Wanting to contribute something interesting to the forum as since the decent contributors have left.
          Forum addiction.

If this is still a problem I have visio and can send you a diagram.

HTH
          I won't take that to heart, thanks for the concern.

Ta for the clarity there.

If I may, I'd like to mention that your first point is effectively nil and void, as well as being grammatically incorrect. I appreciate your intentions, but you are dramatically (and persistently) failing to deliver.

Your second point could be covered by the suggestion made in my original post.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I won't take that to heart, thanks for the concern.

other waffly bollux
            You cleary did, good sport!

Comment

My pink half of the drainpipe
              Separates me from the incredibly fascinating story of your life and
              every day to day event in all its minute and tedious attention to
              detail... And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though. Oh,
              who cares anyway because I do not so Norman, if you're normal, I intend to
              be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages
              and rhinoceroses in the kitchen incessant quotations from "Now We Are
              Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric
              head.

So there...

P.S. Welcome back SY
              Last edited by NickFitz; 15 May 2010, 03:41.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                My pink half of the drainpipe
                Separates me from the incredibly fascinating story of your life and
                every day to day event in all its minute and tedious attention to
                detail... And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though. Oh,
                who cares anyway because I do not so Norman, if you're normal, I intend to
                be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages
                and rhinoceroses in the kitchen incessant quotations from "Now We Are
                Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric
                head.

So there...

P.S. Welcome back SY

Comment

Wanting to contribute something interesting to the forum
                  Well if YOU are willing to so radically break with your traditions, I feel it incumbent upon the rest of us to indulge you. Let us know when you have penned this inaugural masterpiece.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well if YOU are willing to so radically break with your traditions, I feel it incumbent upon the rest of us to indulge you. Let us know when you have penned this inaugural masterpiece.

Well, for a kick off I found the true meaning of "bleeding the radiators"

Originally posted by rogersprofanisaurus
                    bleed the radiator v. To commit an act of flatulation in which one would be well advised to hold a rag over one's brass eye to prevent sludge going all over the wall.
                    Upwards from here only now

Comment

Working...
                    X