• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honest feedback from an Agent!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest feedback from an Agent!

Applied for a role through CPC recruitment, after speaking to the agent about my CV, the next day I received the following email.

Rob

I have now been advised that <clientco> have compiled a shortlist of candidates with more recent <technology> experience and consequently have decided not to progress your application further on this occasion.

I have been asked to thank you for the interest shown in the position and to wish you well in your search for an alternative post.

I will let you know if any other suitable positions arise.

Regards

Which was nice.

Kind of.

Getting the gig would have been nicer.

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    Applied for a role through CPC recruitment, after speaking to the agent about my CV, the next day I received the following email.

Which was nice.

Kind of.

It happens all the time, put it behind you and just go on to the next prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
      Which was nice.

Kind of.

Yes I agree, that is a professional and useful response from an agent. You know why, you can cross that job off your list, and you can move on.

It contrasts with the many agents who never let you know, avoid your calls, or just bullsh*t you. Like Hoaxly and several others I've had the misfortune to deal with in the past.
      Last edited by Doggy Styles; 16 May 2010, 10:28. Reason: spel

Comment

Working...
      X