PDA

View Full Version : Most trackable / reliable mail delivery service in UK for a company cheque for HMRC

eliquant
16th May 2010, 09:52
What is the most trackable / reliable mail delivery service in UK for a company cheque made out to HMRC (which initially has to go the accountant and then forwaded) ?

Its a cheque for a Corporation Tax bill payment and its £20k+, I just don't want say, the Royal Mail say losing it and then some individual opening it, copying my signiture on the back and somehow altering the 'Paying To' section of the cheque and then absolving themselves of all responsibilities and pointing me to the 'insured up to £50 section of their policies'.

I've thinking of UPS or Parcel Force or someone, its from London to London and I cannot physically deliver it myself to my accountant, every time I go to Royal Mail they are always vague about how their different services really function i.e. 'Special Delivery', 'Recorded Delivery' and 'Signed For Delivery'.

I just don't want it lost in the post or at some stage in the mailing process.

Thanks for any tips.

AtW
16th May 2010, 10:04
Thanks for any tips.

Pay by a direct bank transfer (use CHAPS to be sure).

Sockpuppet
16th May 2010, 10:09
What is the most trackable / reliable mail delivery service in UK for a company cheque made out to HMRC (which initially has to go the accountant and then forwaded) ?

Its a cheque for a Corporation Tax bill payment and its £20k+, I just don't want say, the Royal Mail say losing it and then some individual opening it, copying my signiture on the back and somehow altering the 'Paying To' section of the cheque and then absolving themselves of all responsibilities and pointing me to the 'insured up to £50 section of their policies'.

I've thinking of UPS or Parcel Force or someone, its from London to London and I cannot physically deliver it myself to my accountant, every time I go to Royal Mail they are always vague about how their different services really function i.e. 'Special Delivery', 'Recorded Delivery' and 'Signed For Delivery'.

I just don't want it lost in the post or at some stage in the mailing process.

Thanks for any tips.

Why not just pay via cheque over the bank counter. Job done. Or via BACS as already stated.

Jaws
16th May 2010, 11:04
I pay mine directly at the local post office with a cheque (the back of the form has the details).

d000hg
16th May 2010, 18:03
Pay by a direct bank transfer (use CHAPS to be sure).WHS. They should make bank account details very clear on forms, etc.
I think you can also register for company tax online now, like with VAT, just in case it's of interest.

suityou01
16th May 2010, 18:05
Why not just pay via cheque over the bank counter. Job done. Or via BACS as already stated.

The OP is just pointing out how much he earned. It's basically "willy waving". Nothing to see here. Move along.

AtW
16th May 2010, 18:07
It's basically "willy waving".

Good thing we won't see you doing that as you missing the other half :eyes

suityou01
16th May 2010, 18:12
Good thing we won't see you doing that as you missing the other half :eyes

you are a strange lad :ohwell

xoggoth
16th May 2010, 18:22
Did I mention I paid my corporation tax of £37.26 last week?

Bagpuss
16th May 2010, 19:04
Just send it bog standard post and stop acting like a big girl's Blouse

NoddY
16th May 2010, 19:38
Obtain "Proof of Postage" (free) from a Post Office. First class is legally deemed delivered on the second working day.

Paddy
16th May 2010, 19:50
Obtain "Proof of Postage" (free) from a Post Office. First class is legally deemed delivered on the second working day.

Deemed to be delivered applies to certain legal documents and notices. I does not apply in this case. The law is very one sided.

eliquant
16th May 2010, 20:05
Just send it bog standard post and stop acting like a big girl's Blouse

lol !!!

Clippy
16th May 2010, 21:21
Stuff it up SY01's arse, stick a stamp on his forehead and address and post to HMRC with no return address.

Regardless of whether HMRC are able to fish your cheque out of SY01's chocolate starfish, he'll then be their problem!

Churchill
17th May 2010, 07:32

But if he did that he wouldn't be able to brag about paying "£20k plus" corporation tax...

Come on... Some of these little boys need their "Loadsamoney" moments... :tumble: