• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eur/usd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eur/usd

Dirty Spekulants!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Dirty Spekulants!
    No graph? Quote? In fact any substance or conscious thought?

Dullard.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Try this

USD Dollar (USD) – The Dollar strengthened against most majors as stocks and commodities fell on concern that European governments won’t cut deficits fast enough to halt the debt crisis. Unemployment Claims came out at 444K vs. 440K forecast. NASDAQ and Dow Jones weakened by 1.26% and 1.05% respectively. Crude oil fell by 1.7% closing at 74.4$ a barrel. Gold (XAU) weakened by 1.1% closing at 1229$ an ounce. Today, Retail Sales are expected at 0.3% vs. 1.9% and Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index is expected to rise from 72.2 to 73.5.
      EURO (EUR) – The Euro reached the lowest level in 14-month against the Dollar despite the ft that the European leaders yesterday unveiled an almost $1 trillion bailout plan for indebted nations on concern deficit-cutting measures will undermine growth. The EUR/USD has been trading downwards since April and has broken its support levels each time, therefore the momentum is clearly bearish. Overall, EUR/USD traded with a low of 1.2518 and with a high of 1.2685. No economic data expected today.
      EUR/USD – Last: 1.2530
      Resistance 1.26 1.2740 1.2950
      Support 1.2520

Comment

Also I believe that short positions on the euro are at an all time high. But hey that's financial terrorism for you

Comment

Exchange rates will always go up and down.

However, the Euro has particular problems because it is shared among several disparate governments and economies, who all have different strengths, weaknesses and needs. In some cases, just weaknesses and needs.

I'm just glad we aren't in it.

Comment

EURUSD is only at the average for the last 15 years.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

So far this morning it's GBP that is getting a beating.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Yikes, £/$ below 1.45.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The pound isn't supposed to get hammered this year,it's supposed to be the Euro, but once governments get through their spending cuts then it would calm down. However if the UK government gets it's spending cuts in the this year then the sterling might get hammered this year with the Euro, and then both will recover when the US realises it can't keep up a 12% of GDP deficit (err higher then Greece) when a couple of states declare bankruptcy. The interesting question will probably be, will the Fed bail out a state.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    So far this morning it's GBP that is getting a beating.
                    WHS. The GBP is sinking and I suspect another bank bailout might be on the horizon.

Well done Gordon, your legacy will last a few decades.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X