• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lying children will grow up to be successful citizens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Telegraph:

Researchers have found that the ability to tell fibs at the age of two is a sign of a fast developing brain and means they are more likely to have successful lives.

They found that the more plausible the lie, the more quick witted they will be in later years and the better their abiliy to think on their feet.

It also means that they have developed "executive function" - the ability to invent a convincing lie by keeping the truth at the back of their mind.

“Parents should not be alarmed if their child tells a fib,” said Dr Kang Lee, director of the Institute of Child Study at Toronto Universit who carried out the research.

“Almost all children lie. Those who have better cognitive development lie better because they can cover up their tracks. They may make bankers in later life.” ...
    I love that crack about bankers
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I love that crack about bankers
    Very wrong IMHO - bankers don't actually lie.

Comment

It's true I laboured under the misapprehension that honest and strong moral values will reap rewards.

How wrong was I???

So I am bringing my kids to be the meanest, bitchiest dishonest little ****ers you could find.

Means I can relax and look forward to a comfy retirment with them making sure everything I need is paid for.

Obviously I would not want the hateful bitchy little tulips to come to my house becuase they are not nice people to know -- but hey they will have lots of money and this is important right?

Comment

Does this mean we'll be flooded with bankers and lawyers in the future?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          It's true I laboured under the misapprehension that honest and strong moral values will reap rewards.

How wrong was I???

So I am bringing my kids to be the meanest, bitchiest dishonest little ****ers you could find.

Means I can relax and look forward to a comfy retirment with them making sure everything I need is paid for.

Obviously I would not want the hateful bitchy little tulips to come to my house becuase they are not nice people to know -- but hey they will have lots of money and this is important right?
          Can you get them to give me a call when they are ready to start working?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Alas I fear I was being tongue in cheek with my comments.

and besides I would not want them to follow in Daddies footsteps and become a pimp for a while now would i?

I'll make sure they get proper qualifications.........

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Alas I fear I was being tongue in cheek with my comments.

and besides I would not want them to follow in Daddies footsteps and become a pimp for a while now would i?

I'll make sure they get proper qualifications.........
                If they dont you know where to find me. I'll either be at the lockup or in the caravan.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If they dont you know where to find me. I'll either be at the lockup or in the caravan.
                  Saw you yesterday on the St Trinians film...

Comment

I would prefer it if they turned into hookers

at least those pimps have no bones about taking the piss with margins...

Comment

Working...
                    X