• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pressie Ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressie Ideas

12 wedding anniversary this Friday. No idea what to get Mrs Flub. Any ideas?

Got her a spa day last year, but she never used the voucher. Bought her a voucher to give horse riding a go for Xmas...that expired too. I may resort to a nice new potato peeler unless you lot come up with something better...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Originally posted by Flubster View Post

Got her a spa day last year, but she never used the voucher. Bought her a voucher to give horse riding a go for Xmas...that expired too. I may resort to a nice new potato peeler unless you lot come up with something better...
    A barrel of "Timothy Tailor's Landlord" complete with the pump etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      A barrel of "Timothy Taylor's Landlord" complete with the pump etc.
      FTFY

If it's something to keep the wife happy - does she have any hobbies?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        FTFY

If it's something to keep the wife happy - does she have any hobbies?
        Other than walking the dogs, keeping the house spick and span, and keeping the kids and myself fed and watered, no hobbies.

She's teetotal, doesn't smoke, helps out at the kid's school a couple of morning's a week and vacuums. I thought about buying her a life, but would probably get the wrong colour.

It may end up taking the form of jewellry, but as usual, I've left this to the last minute....

Comment

Other than walking the dogs, keeping the house spick and span, and keeping the kids and myself fed and watered, no hobbies.

She's teetotal, doesn't smoke, helps out at the kid's school a couple of morning's a week and vacuums. I thought about buying her a life, but would probably get the wrong colour.

It may end up taking the form of jewellry, but as usual, I've left this to the last minute....
          Every woman should have at least one pearl necklace!

Comment

Dunno about a potato peeler, how about some nice Global kitchen knives?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              Dunno about a potato peeler, how about some nice Global kitchen knives?
              I know sod all about knives. There has been a resurgance of cooking/baking in the Flubster household lately, so decent knives sound good to me. Are these available on the high street?

Comment

I know sod all about knives. There has been a resurgance of cooking/baking in the Flubster household lately, so decent knives sound good to me. Are these available on the high street?
                You could always send her on a culinary course to learn how to use her knives effectively...

Betty's in Harrogate do such a course according to recent dinner guests.

Comment

A night out at the theatre/ballet/concert/gig for both of you - that way you ensure she uses it!
                  £100 to go shoe/handbag/clothes shopping and you'll babysit whilst she enjoys herself.

A romantic night away, somewhere with a hot tub and champagne.

Eternity ring or other such bauble.

A Wii with dance party - which is excellent fun for a girls night in

If your pet name for her is 'bunny' or some other such animal, sponsor one in her name.

A Magnolia tree, ( in a pot) some of these take years to flower, so you could get one that will flower in 10 years - because you know you still be together and as happy as you are now
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

shame on you CUKers, over 30 mins and no-one's suggested that he takes her up the OXO Tower yet

what is this board coming to?
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X