• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown as Prime Minister - is it inevitable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown as Prime Minister - is it inevitable?

Does anyone else think that, when Blair steps down, New Labour will go for someone other than Gordon Brown, someone younger like David Millibrand, Ed Balls or Dougy Alexander?

Cameron has had an impact with his youth and personality, so expect Labour to try and ape it. Gordon Brown is trying to change into a cuddly politician, but it isn't really working, is it.

Also, the economy that he claims the credit for is very slowly going tits up, and he is not going to get out of the Treasury before a majority of the voters start noticing and blaming him for it.

The trouble is, someone other than Brown would make New Labour more electable. But at least it would p1ss him off big time.

George Galloway for PM, that's what I say
    At least he is in touch with the chavvy birbrotherish-loving UK population
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

I think the New Lier lot have conned Brown into thinking that he is the uncontested air apparent, in order that he behaves himself. But, come the stepping down of Blair, the feeding frenzy will start, and the fur will fly.

It's a pity that Blair will not step down until the end of this term. Were he to do so earlier, we would see New Lier fall apart, and become unelectable. Unstead they'll probably scrape in, and then fall apart. One thing about Blair, he can unite a disparate group that includes an unusually high proportion of knob heads. Once Blair has gone, the knob heads will be at each others throats, vying for power.

Fungus

Comment

The Labour party is is overflowing with Gordumb Brown supporters. Blair finds it increasingly difficult to keep New Labour minded MPs in his cabinet.

Whilst nothing in politics is inevitable, Gordumb Brown taking over from Blair as its leader is as near to inevitable as is politically expediant to say.

Comment

I do hope Brownstuff gets in as the next PM.

With a completely fscked economy in the UK I'll be able to get well experienced contractors to work for me in Denmark dead cheap.

Will make a nice change from the Ukranians (shudder) and Antipodeans (always having time off for medical emergencies).
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X