• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HIPs suspend order signed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIPs suspend order signed

Order to suspend HIPs is signed - Introducer Today
    This new government is moving like a bat out of hell on steroids

Already been done...

Hip Hip Goodbye

Comment

Yes but your thread title was pants so it got overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        And they will move just as quick to start cutting spend and upping taxes etc........
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          And they will move just as quick to start cutting spend and upping taxes etc........
          13 years of Labour mismanagement isn't going to fix itself!

I really think that the Labour Party has had its day.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I see they've not moved so quickly on IR35 though ....

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              13 years of Labour mismanagement isn't going to fix itself!

I really think that the Labour Party has had its day.
              Unlikely. People have short memories.

After a couple of years of a Conservative govt, people will be looking for a change and who will they look to....

It's inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                They're still on the blatently daft ideas. It'll take a while to get onto the ideas that sounder plausible initially but then got implemented stupidly. As a method to tackle friday-to-monday incorporation, it's been rather like setting out to build a shed but then finding out at the end that you have in fact baked an apple turnover.

Comment

Does that mean I can bin my £200 pile of papers (HIP) with useless information on it that no-one is ever bothered about reading?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    They're still on the blatently daft ideas. It'll take a while to get onto the ideas that sounder plausible initially but then got implemented stupidly. As a method to tackle friday-to-monday incorporation, it's been rather like setting out to build a shed but then finding out at the end that you have in fact baked an apple turnover.
                    Agreed. IR35 exists to solve a real problem, albeit a problem that exists due to other factors. The root cause is that working as a self-employed individual is not something that works well in the UK for IT, although I imagine that's how most tradesmen operate. To avoid the need for IR35, some bigger shake-up is needed which removes the need/advantage of setting up a 1-man-Ltd in the first place. That sounds like a fairly complicated thing to set up.

They could just kill IR35 if it's costing more than it brings in, I guess, since IR35 is kind of like wall-papering over a crack in your wall.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X