• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go Umbrella?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Umbrella?

I have just secured a 6 month contract and am looking for a new umbrella company to manage my contractual affairs. I have looked at a few companies, but one that stands out the most is a company called Go Umbrella, mainly because they have a more professional looking website than the majority of other umbrella companies I have looked at and they only charge a 1% fee on new signups at the moment. Has anyone used this company before and if so do you have any info you can share regarding your experiences with them?

TIA

Originally posted by scartface
    I have just secured a 6 month contract and am looking for a new umbrella company to manage my contractual affairs. I have looked at a few companies, but one that stands out the most is a company called Go Umbrella, mainly because they have a more professional looking website than the majority of other umbrella companies I have looked at and they only charge a 1% fee on new signups at the moment. Has anyone used this company before and if so do you have any info you can share regarding your experiences with them?

TIA
    Yeah, It stands out... Like feck it does, nobody's bloody heard of it.

Your post is a blatant advert and I claim my £5.

Anybody want to buy car insurance?

Comment

Hmm, not quite the response I was looking for.....:S

Comment

I always base my buying decisions on how nice the website looks. Go for it.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
          I always base my buying decisions on how nice the website looks. Go for it.
          Thanks Spartacus, I have to agree, when buying online, the look and feel of a site has a large contributing factor to whether I buy from them or not, irrelevant of whether the product I am interested in can be obtained elsewhere for cheaper!

Comment

Mystic McQuiggd says... you will be bankrupt within 18 months...
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              Mystic McQuiggd says... you will be bankrupt within 18 months...
              Please elaborate Mystic McQuiggd?

Comment

Sure, if you can buy me a draught Nastro Azzuro next year...
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  Sure, if you can buy me a draught Nastro Azzuro next year...
                  mcquiggd I am sure the bank balance will stretch to the odd Peroni, so if you have any info, it would be appreciated if you could disclose it as I need to make a decision sooner rather than later, thanks!

Comment

Your comment about a websites look, rather than the services they provide, makes me nervous.... I would suggest for your first contract go through Giant, or Parasol, effictively on a PAYE basis, and see if the lifestyle is for you... it can be quite sobering when you realise you might have to look for work 3 or 4 times a year....

At first, Id say dont take on the *responsibilities* of a Limited Company... learn the job in stages... get 6 months contracting in the bank then look at alternatives - concentrate on the job, learning how to deal with clients and agents, and find your 'sea legs' as such...

See how confident you are in your abilities in a different working environment... sometimes you wil work amongst people who will look on you as simply a highly paid code monkey, sometimes they will expect you to make the company more profitable in a month....

Just please, think about it before you jump.....
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X