• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorists rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrorists rights

So an unconvicted alleged terrorist ringleader has won the right of appeal to stay in the UK
    because it's feared he would be tortured or face death back in pakistan.

BBC News - 'Al-Qaeda ringleader' wins appeal against deportation

Shirley if we know he's a terrorist why isn't he beind bars? if not then he's not a terrorist right?

Also Isn't this going to now result in loads of young pakistanis coming over with student/visitor visas and developing 'alleged' links to al-qaeda if they want to remain in this country?

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
    So an unconvicted alleged terrorist ringleader has won the right of appeal to stay in the UK
    because it's feared he would be tortured or face death back in pakistan.

BBC News - 'Al-Qaeda ringleader' wins appeal against deportation

Shirley if we know he's a terrorist why isn't he beind bars? if not then he's not a terrorist right?

Also Isn't this going to now result in loads of young pakistanis coming over with student/visitor visas and developing 'alleged' links to al-qaeda if they want to remain in this country?
    I think the "unconvicted alleged" aspect of this is where the problems lie.
    Maybe someone will chase him onto a tube train and pop him in the head a few times, thus squaring the circle?
    Who can tell?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I don't understand. He wasn't charged with anything - but the judge agreed that he is with al-Qaeda. So surely he should be behind bars? And he would only be tortured by the Pakistani government - a UK ally. This is really ridiculous stuff. Mind you I have heard of many normal people being deported and being held in detention in Pakistan until a suitable "administration" charge is paid.

Yes this could lead to many students here alleging torture or death in Pakistan in order to stay. My wife works in the immigration area..cha ching!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

As the lack of any denials in response to the police torture scene in "Slumdog Millionaire" indicated, even supposedly democratic countries and ones we think of as making rapid social progress, like India, do not yet have the sort of protections that we take for granted.

This sort of thing appears to happen everywhere outside the advanced western countries. We can't protect every third world citizen from their own governments and should not try to. If these men are considered a risk to our own citizens , even if there was not enough proof for a trial, they should be deported. What happens to them is not our problem.

The worst aspect of the Tories not winning a majority is that we will not get shot of the idiot human rights act. In an overcrowded world one person's rights cannot exist in isolation from everyone else's and British citizens rights should always come first in our country.

It is an idiocy that so many students are allowed to come from Pakistan given the way the route is so routinely abused by illegals. Even when they are genuine I am pretty sure students staying in bedsits and studying at potty little backstreet language schools and the like are hardly going to make a significant contribution to our economy.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

'Al-Qaeda ringleader' and anything else BBC news puts in single quotes isn't necessarily true and should be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            As the lack of any denials in response to the police torture scene in "Slumdog Millionaire" indicated, even supposedly democratic countries and ones we think of as making rapid social progress, like India, do not yet have the sort of protections that we take for granted.

This sort of thing appears to happen everywhere outside the advanced western countries. We can't protect every third world citizen from their own governments and should not try to. If these men are considered a risk to our own citizens , even if there was not enough proof for a trial, they should be deported. What happens to them is not our problem.

The worst aspect of the Tories not winning a majority is that we will not get shot of the idiot human rights act. In an overcrowded world one person's rights cannot exist in isolation from everyone else's and British citizens rights should always come first in our country.

It is an idiocy that so many students are allowed to come from Pakistan given the way the route is so routinely abused by illegals. Even when they are genuine I am pretty sure students staying in bedsits and studying at potty little backstreet language schools and the like are hardly going to make a significant contribution to our economy.
            Someone has to serve me my balti!!!

Btw, Einstein's day-job was as a patents clerk.

Comment

Yeah, its wasn't so wrong to shoot a Brazilian electrician after all. I mean he had no rights - being a foreigner and all.

You know....if they had completed their studies and gone back would they have faced torture. Or is it because they 'failed' and would return to their masters and be beheaded for failing. I say send 'em back and let 'em be beaten!

and oh BTW the largest group of overstayers in the UK are Australians.
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Yeah, its wasn't so wrong to shoot a Brazilian electrician after all. I mean he had no rights - being a foreigner and all.

You know....if they had completed their studies and gone back would they have faced torture. Or is it because they 'failed' and would return to their masters and be beheaded for failing. I say send 'em back and let 'em be beaten!

and oh BTW the largest group of overstayers in the UK are Australians.
                Yeah but who the f**k would want to live in Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  They certainly don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    well, erm...I can think of worse places.

My uncle lives there. But then, he's from Bolton.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X