• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My name is H A B and I have a drinking problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is H A B and I have a drinking problem

Frack.

I have to go out shortly so I changed my shirt that was a bit rough. I've just had a sip of my coffee and spilt some over my shirt and trousers. When I look at the mess I've made, I realise that I've already got dregs from my cup-a-soup down my shirt.

I thought I was getting better at this.

I'm not sure that I've got anymore clean-ish clothes to change into.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Frack.

I have to go out shortly so I changed my shirt that was a bit rough. I've just had a sip of my coffee and spilt some over my shirt and trousers. When I look at the mess I've made, I realise that I've already got dregs from my cup-a-soup down my shirt.

I thought I was getting better at this.

I'm not sure that I've got anymore clean-ish clothes to change into.
    Check the laundry basket.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

You need to get yourself to the pub sir!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sounds like you need sponging down.

Comment

You should make a sensible prioritisation. Your potty training is much more important socially and you should be practicing daily. When you have mastered that you can concern yourself with these lesser issues.

PS I would never bother with cleanish clothes myself if something did not keep stealing my socks and underpants at night. I think it's that dratted bumblelbee.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 18 May 2010, 17:04.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

As the old saying goes: "He doesn't drink much, he spills most of it".
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              As the old saying goes: "He doesn't drink much, he spills most of it".
              From a landlords point of view a good spiller beats a good drinker any day!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                From a landlords point of view a good spiller beats a good drinker any day!
                Yep. Mop it up, squeeze out the mop and sell it as M&B's Mild.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X