• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donating your body to medical science?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donating your body to medical science?

It's on the one show just now.

Would you?

From what I am told you really get sliced and diced. 1st year students get the body, second year students get your brain or as I was told you get the 'brain in a bucket'.

Yes I will. I've talked to the family and made my wishes clear, and I think I've talked my mother in to donation.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Yes I will. I've talked to the family and made my wishes clear, and I think I've talked my mother in to donation.
      Well played.

I'm going to go the David Bellamy route with a tree stuck on me and something made of me in 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Well played.

I'm going to go the David Bellamy route with a tree stuck on me and something made of me in 100 years.
        No skin off our nose is it? (IGMC)
        The David Bellamy route is good as you'll be helping to provide fuel for future generations.
        I watched the One Show (for a change) and I thought they had rather missed the point in a way. You can learn about anatomy from models and text books but it doesn't give the sense of awe (and respect) that chopping up a real animal does.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

"...medical science decided they didn't like the look of it and bequeathed it right back..."

Anyone?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The David Bellamy route is good as you'll be helping to provide fuel for future generations.
            I watched the One Show (for a change) and I thought they had rather missed the point in a way. You can learn about anatomy from models and text books but it doesn't give the sense of awe (and respect) that chopping up a real animal does.
            The gf met her best friend from uni when they were assigned the same body in first year. Freaks. I payed my way through uni working in a butcher shop for 5 years and still I'm not sure I could disect a human body.

I think they just throw you into the situation as a medical student, first day you are given a body and have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              From what I am told you really get sliced and diced. 1st year students get the body, second year students get your brain or as I was told you get the 'brain in a bucket'.
              Or in sasguru's case, you get the "brain in a matchbox".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My mother-in-law plans to donate her body to be used as a sort of defence against coastal erosion. It has pissed the kids off as they wanted her as a bouncy castle.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Seems you can't donate your body if you are already donating your organs - seems a bit daft that. There must still be bits that they could practice on.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Seems you can't donate your body if you are already donating your organs - seems a bit daft that. There must still be bits that they could practice on.
                    That's what I discovered - always been really interested in donating to medical science, but am now an organ donor, don't know how that works.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X