• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's Online? See All Members

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Online? See All Members

Nick

Have you just modified the Who's Online link for the site. Normally it only shows Members and what they are doing. Just clicked it and it's now showing guests as well, which seem to mostly consist of spiders.

It renders the list unusable.

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nick

Have you just modified the Who's Online link for the site. Normally it only shows Members and what they are doing. Just clicked it and it's now showing guests as well, which seem to mostly consist of spiders.

It renders the list unusable.

MF
    Scrap that. Dumb question. It's sorted by members, then guests. Doh

Comment

It can be sorted in various ways if you click on the top of the columns - having had a look, I now see that this is another place where the vBulletin UI is somewhat lacking

Despite you rescinding your original query, I'll stick that on the list as something worth examining

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It can be sorted in various ways if you click on the top of the columns - having had a look, I now see that this is another place where the vBulletin UI is somewhat lacking

Despite you rescinding your original query, I'll stick that on the list as something worth examining
        Please add a max size signature to your list. Some people are really over doing it.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Please add a max size signature to your list. Some people are really over doing it.
          How about you allow users to enter an unlimited size Sig. Then place a user option to replace large sigs with some text like

'Blah blah blah'

or

'Some bedwetters nonsense'

Comment

Over doing it?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              There is already a maximum of 1000 characters in the signature - I know because I just tried to put The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in mine and it wouldn't let me.

You might just have to change your general settings to not display signatures. I quite like seeing signatures because some of them are witty and interesting but I think I am going to have to turn them off because some of them are now too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                There is already a maximum of 1000 characters in the signature - I know because I just tried to put The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in mine and it wouldn't let me.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                X