• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geek news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geek news

I’ll start. Brilliant stuff; understanding why there’s a bit more matter than anti-matter.
    BBC News - New clue to anti-matter mystery
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

The Invisible Man exists
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Well, I remember seeing a programme on discovery where they were showing future military technology, and they demonstrated a camouflage suit made of tiny little mirrors and some fibre-optics; the wearer blended into any background quite effectively, and wouldn’t be seen as long as he didn’t move, at which point you’d see nothing more than a vague silhouette.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well, I remember seeing a programme on discovery where they were showing future military technology, and they demonstrated a camouflage suit made of tiny little mirrors and some fibre-optics; the wearer blended into any background quite effectively, and wouldn’t be seen as long as he didn’t move, at which point you’d see nothing more than a vague silhouette.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          I'll watch that at thome.
          Nothing works here.

Comment

Nothing works here.
            I couldn't see anything either...

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
              I couldn't see anything either...
              It is a clever concealment technique that he has learned in Germany. There's a youtube clip in there though.

Comment

Nothing works here.
                I think it's just using bluescreen - if it was actual optical camo, you'd see his face displayed on the ball rather than the background behind him.

IIRC one of the science shows on TV (maybe one with Kryten in, maybe the gadget show) did this with a car - cameras on one side, tv screens on the other. Worked ok until you knew what to look for.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I think it's just using bluescreen - if it was actual optical camo, you'd see his face displayed on the ball rather than the background behind him.

IIRC one of the science shows on TV (maybe one with Kryten in, maybe the gadget show) did this with a car - cameras on one side, tv screens on the other. Worked ok until you knew what to look for.
                  I might be able to say something worthwhile if I could actually see the clip, but it isn’t working on this corporate cackness browser.

Comment

My contribution to the science geek thingy...

Robert Oppenheimer quotes

Comment

Working...
                    X