• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cornwall for holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornwall for holidays

What with the volcano I'm thinking of holidaying in the UK this year.

Cornwall has came up as a possible destination, get the sleeper train from London to Penzance and try to stay in a few locations over a week. Penzance, Padstow maybe

Looked on trip advisor and some of the hotels look slightly overpriced for what you get TBH I get the feeling that it gets pretty busy but I think the schools are still on holday the second week in June.

Worth it or should I just jet off somewhere?

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Anywhere would do so long as there is no Internet access there or access to CUK is strictly verbotten, we need a holiday away from you also!

Comment

Cornwall has came up as a possible destination, get the sleeper train from London to Penzance and try to stay in a few locations over a week. Penzance, Padstow maybe

Looked on trip advisor and some of the hotels look slightly overpriced for what you get TBH I get the feeling that it gets pretty busy but I think the schools are still on holday the second week in June.

Word to the wise Minestrone. Don't stray off the paths!!!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Anywhere would do so long as there is no Internet access there or access to CUK is strictly verbotten, we need a holiday away from you also!
        Pot, meet kettle...
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

If you get the weather it's awesome. But avoid Penzance it's a complete dump. Loads of nice little villages if you want to tour and Padstow and St Ives both very good. Used to live in St Ives, so if you want any info, would be glad to help.

Comment

Worth it or should I just jerk off somewhere?
            Is that not an everyday occurance?
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I prefer Devon.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                I prefer Devon.
                Me too!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Notable places to visit: The Lizard Pasty Shoppe.
                  Keep good hold of that there pasty though, boy. Them seagulls'll 'ave the baaastard of yer in the blink of a grockle's eye.

I've seen it happen.

Comment

Have you thought about ferry Portsmouth or Plymouth to Santander ? Or Eurostar to France or Belgium? Or Ferry to Norway?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X