• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had a bender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a bender

Bender brunch in fact. Well I would have done if I hadn't stopped eating meat. Found a Wimpy Bar on Hayling Island & couldn't resist going in, albeit for a spicy beanburger. I had no idea there were any left in existence. Brought memories flooding back of trips to the Beau Nash cinema in Bath after which we would always go for a Bender Brunch and a Knickerbocker Glory in the Wimpy next door. A bender, for the uninitiated, was a frankfurter style sausage with notches cut out of it to make it, er, bend.
    Last edited by wurzel; 19 May 2010, 21:34.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Bender brunch in fact. Well I would have done if I hadn't stopped eating meat. Found a Wimpy Bar on Hayling Island & couldn't resist going in, albeit for a spicey beanburger. I had no idea there were any left in existence. Brought memories flooding back of trips to the Beau Nash cinema in Bath after which we would always go for a Bender Brunch and a Knickerbocker Glory in the Wimpy next door. A bender, for the uninitiated, was a frankfurter style sausage with notches cut out out of it to make it, er, bend.
    I was afraid to open this as I thought it would contain your sexual naughty doings......but glad to see it's only about food.

Comment

I thought it was going to be about the Liberal party
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by superz View Post

i was afraid to open this as i thought it would contain your sexual naughty doings......
        but disappointed to see it's only about food.
        ftfy
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If I remember correctly, Wimpy Bars grew out of what was left of the old Lyons Corner Houses. Way before my time & I suspect that of most others on here.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            If I remember correctly, Wimpy Bars grew out of what was left of the old Lyons Corner Houses. Way before my time & I suspect that of most others on here.
            LEO 1 - any of you old 'uns work on this thing?

Comment

...and those benders used to have half a fried tomato in the middle. I used to go to the Wimpy Bar in Gantshill and have their cheeseburgers. Just writing about it brings the memories flooding back....the plastic ketchup bottles shaped like tomatoes and that plastic menu on a stand.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                ...and those benders used to have half a fried tomato in the middle. I used to go to the Wimpy Bar in Gantshill and have their cheeseburgers. Just writing about it brings the memories flooding back....the plastic ketchup bottles shaped like tomatoes and that plastic menu on a stand.
                .. the plastic chairs... plastic burger.... plastic smiles.... Oh yeah.... they were the days!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  .. the plastic chairs... plastic burger.... plastic smiles.... Oh yeah.... they were the days!!
                  But before the days when you could pay for it all with a bit of plastic.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    LEO 1 - any of you old 'uns work on this thing?
                    My mum was one of the original sysprogs on them
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X