• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPhone eighth most important invention - is it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPhone eighth most important invention - is it ?

Presumably this survey was sponsored by Apple. I agree that the mobile phone was a significant invention but not the IPhone.

It also shows that if you take aside a random 4000 british people you will that half of them are dumb, benefit sponging, latest mobile phone using yobs.

I despair !
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Just how important hand-held, mobile computing will become is yet to be seen but I think by the time my kids are grown up it might just be seen as a turning point in computing.

A touch too early say at the moment I would suggest.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I dunno, it's a pretty good list really. Includes screwdriver, but no mention of screws. And the bicycle is way too low down on the list. Number two at the very least. A stunning invention (or development, as it was pieced together and improved over time). And it will outlast many of those other things.

Comment

The phrase that springs to mind is:

Is it Fu<k!!!

Comment

I'm surprised the iPod (or any other much better mp3 player) is so low on the list as well. Looking at inventions I use personally (other than shared things like trains or the loo or whatever), I'd immediately go to my phone (Nokia E71) with built in GPS/maps, music, camera, phone, video, radio, web browser, calendar/organiser, office software - smart phones are stunning, really, and we've only had them for a few years. Whether they are referred to by most people as "iPhones" is beside the point really. It is a giant leap forward which we've already become so used to that we doubt it should be that high on the list??

Comment

Push up bra at 77! Methinks some responders were having a laugh.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

How is "Hot Water" an invention?
                Surely they mean plumbed water heater

The entire list is a joke, looks like only sun and heat readers were polled
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Oi! I wrote 77-79!

Comment

Motorways FFS

Tarmac, I could understand being on the list.

Was this a Sun poll
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X