• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 will be reviewed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 will be reviewed

This just in...

http://programmeforgovernment.hmg.gov.uk/business/

"We will review IR 35, as part of a wholesale review of all small business taxation, and seek to replace it with simpler measures that prevent tax avoidance but do not place undue administrative burdens or uncertainty on the self-employed, or restrict labour market flexibility."
    Cats are evil.

Gosh, how long has it been? It's taken them long enough!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      What? Two weeks?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They've only been in office a week...
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Looking at the HM Government logo at the bottom of that, I couldn't help wondering how on earth all this government rebranding happened so quickly. I like the use of the UK coat of arms everywhere, adds gravitas IMO. Certainly better than Nu Labs gay rainbow nation imagery (whatever that was, it already seems a distant memory!)

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            What? Two weeks?
            Well, if they want to sort the economy they've got to get to grips with the things that a messing it up.

Two weeks to say they'll look at it sometime is really too footdragingly slow IMHO.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Intriguing - that link went here - http://depts.theclubuk.com/

Followed by a Bad Gateway error.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

bad gateway

me too. Try this:
                http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/medi..._coalition.pdf

Comment

Well, if they want to sort the economy they've got to get to grips with the things that a messing it up.

Two weeks to say they'll look at it sometime is really too footdragingly slow IMHO.
                  I can't imagine IR35 should be high up the list for sorting out Britain. IT contractors are a pretty small minority and I'm quite surprised it was mentioned at all pre-election, unless they actually genuinely believe in small business?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    This just in...

Business | Programme for Government

"We will review IR 35, as part of a wholesale review of all small business taxation, and seek to replace it with simpler measures that prevent tax avoidance but do not place undue administrative burdens or uncertainty on the self-employed, or restrict labour market flexibility."
                    I bet they create a new independent commission to review IR35.
                    All I have heard so far from the new government is that they will "create a new independent commission" to sort out just about every issue they're facing.

We will have no fewer than 30 new independent commissions in 6 months from now

Comment

Working...
                    X