• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour leadership contenders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour leadership contenders

They all say they have learned lessons, and list the predictable hogwash like fairness, listening to the people, etc.

But so far, not one of them has mentioned running a proper budget and balancing the books.

As an aside, I've just listened to one of them being interviewed on the radio. I can't remember his name but it wasn't Balls or Milliband. He says he wants more tax for rich people, because they haven't really earned it, like footballers.

"Like Wayne Rooney?" he was asked. "yes."

"What about Richard Branson?"

"Er, er, look, I don't want to get into specifics..."

Diane Abbott was on the radio this morning saying how she is going for the job because there should be a women standing. Is that the best reason she has?

How the feck did these goons get into power in the first place?
    Last edited by minestrone; 20 May 2010, 11:02.

Comment

I hope that Diane Abbott wins.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I am just glad that absolute dimwits and lightweights are pushing to be the next leader. I am hoping that either Balls or Abbot somehow manage a coup and win. They will then have no hope whatsover for the next few elections.

Labour in leadership crisis is nothing new. It was expected.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Actually. So do I. Seriously.

(she's quite a hoot on 'This Week')

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            I don't. There will be no more Darkie Days in Padstow! She's already tried banning it once - ISTR the police turning up one year with video cameras shooting footage of blacked up locals & submitting it to the CPS so that they could be prosecuted under Labour's hate crimes legislation.

Comment

Wasn't Alan Johnson the favourite at one time? Has he entered?

Comment

Seriously WGAS? Labour are a joke, all be it in very poor taste.

I seriously expect them to implode in a rather spectacular fashion.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Seriously WGAS? Labour are a joke, all be it in very poor taste.

I seriously expect them to implode in a rather spectacular fashion.
                  WTS

A load of bald men fighting over a comb.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Actually. So do I. Seriously.

(she's quite a hoot on 'This Week')
                    Wonder if the BBC will send her to the bench for as long as she is a candidate. Guess we'll find out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X