• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOT Bad News & Good News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOT Bad News & Good News

MOT Bad News & Good News

'Took the car for an MOT. Citroen are offering Free MOTs for Citroens. Despite the fact that I checked the car over a few hours before a had a phone call saying it need a new number plate illuminator bulb. (Yes the old MOT bulb scam; you can Google the same). £19.00 for a bulb and “fitting” for an item that can be bought 5 for £1 and GSF parts.

On the other hand £19.00 for an MOT is not bad.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    ..... Citroen ......
    Tells me all I need to know.

Oh dear

Comment

(Yes the old MOT bulb scam; you can Google the same).
      Intriguingly, your post is the first hit.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Intriguingly, your post is the first hit.
        It is as well Must be true then.

Comment

Franchised car dealers are rip off merchants of the highest order.

My local VW dealers workshop hourly rates are over £100 but who do they get to service your car - a 17 year old apprentice on NMW!

Comment

On the other hand £19.00 for an MOT is not bad.
            I got "scammed" for headlight adjustments on my old Saab 900.

£12.00 for passing the MoT test was a result, in my opinion. On a Saturday afternoon too
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

A lot of people get hit with the reversing light scam too. The reversing lights are not part of a MOT.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Mrs PRC was made to cough up for adjusting the power on the washer sprayers.

Comment

Working...
                X