• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ftse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ftse

Why is it dropping like a stone today ?

In the morning trade it had zoomed up 60 points.

Since then it has been downhill.

Was it not like last week that some sort of bail out of 700 billion Euro ( god knows where this money is coming from, printing press I would think) was announced and the stock markets went up as if they had been injected with cocaine.

What is the bad news ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

The markets said thank you very much for the bail out saw that coming, broke wind and said we'll have more of that thank ye?

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Why is it dropping like a stone today ?

In the morning trade it had zoomed up 60 points.

Since then it has been downhill.

Was it not like last week that some sort of bail out of 700 billion Euro ( god knows where this money is coming from, printing press I would think) was announced and the stock markets went up as if they had been injected with cocaine.

What is the bad news ?
      The markets are highly volatile at the minute. 250 pip swing in afternoon trade is nothing.

Bad news? Linky

The UK's austerity measures are the order of the day. Can our government pull this ship about, or are we going to keep on trying to borrow our way out of trouble.

The printing presses are no longer running, Maastricht forbids it.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Highly volatile my arse!

The markets are milking countries dry while good money is being thrown after bad.

If you really wanted to f**k up the world then this is the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          The markets are highly volatile at the minute. 250 pip swing in afternoon trade is nothing.

Bad news? Linky

The UK's austerity measures are the order of the day. Can our government pull this ship about, or are we going to keep on trying to borrow our way out of trouble.

Did the stock markets suddenly realise that ? Was it some information that was not available to joe public but was released in the past few days ?

Would it also influence the German and French stock markets ? They are also down 3% along with FTSE.

What is the bad news?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Bad news? Linky

SY you're talking shiite.

It's the hangover from yesterday when Germany banned shorting. Worldwide markets are reacting badly to the Euro and the Pound.

If you look at the fundemental stocks, mining is taking a real pasting, while banks are only marginal

I got in and out last week, but I'm in at the moment and taking a kicking. Apart from Yell which has pulled my pants down and spanked my arse, most are fundementally OK.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sterling is down almost 4% against the Yen today.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Sterling is down almost 4% against the Yen today.
                Yep. Euro worries. Headline on Sky Business says Dow now taking a kicking on fear of Euro failure.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

FTSE is testing 5K now, if that is breached we might see some crash to 4.5K levels.

Comment

I think Maggie said something like "you can't buck the market". But did they listen?

Comment

Working...
                    X