• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

- Contract was due to come to an end 1st May.
    - Handover began to permie employee as part of corporate strategy to replace expensive contractors with what they believe to be cheap permies.
    - Project is an English speaking based project, new permie finds English too difficult.
    - I get extended to end of June. News filters through that client co dont have another suitable permie replacement and begin talking extending further.
    - I inform them that as gf chef is a teacher and has summer holidays I had already booked 6 weeks worth of holiday upon hearing of last extension was the final one and handover began, I'd like to but I now have holiday commitments.

- ClientCo came back today with agreement of 6 week break and an extension until end of September.. most likely to be extended to the end of the year.

<Chef in "having his cake and eating it" mode>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Is GF Chef coming to the Manchester drinkies?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      - Contract was due to come to an end 1st May.
      - Handover began to permie employee as part of corporate strategy to replace expensive contractors with what they believe to be cheap permies.
      - Project is an English speaking based project, new permie finds English too difficult.
      - I get extended to end of June. News filters through that client co dont have another suitable permie replacement and begin talking extending further.
      - I inform them that as gf chef is a teacher and has summer holidays I had already booked 6 weeks worth of holiday upon hearing of last extension was the final one and handover began, I'd like to but I now have holiday commitments.

- ClientCo came back today with agreement of 6 week break and an extension until end of September.. most likely to be extended to the end of the year.

<Chef in "having his cake and eating it" mode>
      Top work Chef. <corporal jones>They don't like it up em!</corporal jones>

Customers like it rough
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Is GF Chef coming to the Manchester drinkies?
          No, unfortunately not, she's a teacher and so has to work but I wouldn't be surprised if on the Wednesday afterwards she err <cough> gets a bit of flu or something and err has to have say 6 days off work and uses the Cologne - Manchester flight she has booked before flying back the following Monday and somehow tries to expalin how she got a nice suntan and was no way in a field near Glastonbury while she was so ill and thus doesn't have to forfeit her £200 Glasto ticket..

Comment

Chef, does the gf teach english ?

You could have sold a 6 week language course

Comment

Congrats Chef.

Que the offer of a perment role.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

Chef, does the gf teach english ?

You could have sold a 6 week language course
                she's qualified to teach English and German but physically and mentally lower than average whatever the PC version for children who fit that category is called is her main job. Plus that'd be selling myself out of an extension !!

Comment

Working...
                X