• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shouting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouting

FTFY

Originally posted by nickfitz View Post
    ftfy

Thanks!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

DOESN'T always SEEM to WoRK

JUST testing a BIT of mIXed Text

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Thanks!
        I thought that was all lower case to being with?

Comment

Originally posted by nickfitz View Post
          ftfy
          wtf hyf?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            wtf hyf?
            IT'S stopped FORCING your POSTS into ALL lower CASE.

SO you WILL never SEE :d instead of which LET'S be FRANK was CHUFFING annoying.

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              it's stopped forcing your posts into all lower case.

So you will never see :d instead of :d which let's be frank was chuffing annoying.

Hth
              nifh - fail

EDIT - ALL IN UPPER CASE

PS - It doesn't lower case the EDIT though!!

PPS - Nick, Not a problem for me - I don't shout!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                FTFY
                It converts the upper case in the commented post to lower case, sometimes.

HTH

Edit: looks like it's fixed now. Thanks Nick. Did you manage to cure Zeity. He was ground zero.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Just to explain in more detail: the SHOUTING filter prevents a post title or post content from being ALL CAPS if it's above a certain length, said length including some punctuation characters. When the forum was upgraded, this setting went back to its default value of one, which resulted in things like "WHS" and "FTFY" being lowercased, and of course becoming :d. Admin has increased the trigger value to five, so commonly-used abbreviations like those will get through OK, although longer all caps posts will still be de-shoutified.

A quick test shows that this will still change "FTFY " to "Ftfy :d" so maybe it should be increased to six or seven

Mixed-case posts/titles weren't affected.

Also, quotes don't get counted, so for example quoting a post that consists solely of "FTFY" and replying "STFU" will get through; but if the reply was "ROTFLMAO" then both the quote and the post would be lowercased. I don't know if that's a bug or a feature, but that's how it works, and the only setting we have is to set the length, so if it proves to be a problem for you then you might have to revert to speaking in English

HTH

Comment

You can filter out the whole content of any post that contains "FTFY" for all I care.

Comment

Working...
                    X