• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unemployment UP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment UP

UK unemployment rate rises to 5%

Unemployment, in my opinion, is the one to watch:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4623500.stm

"The number of people out of work in the UK rose by 111,000 to 1.53 million in the three months to November, official figures have shown."

Furthermore:

"...There was further bad news from the ONS figures, as the data revealed the number of people classed as "economically inactive" rose to its highest level since records began in 1971. ..."

Not to worry, the government will be launching its spring recruitment drive shortly. Before you know it, we'll have those 100k odd folks in satisfying and rewarding jobs of great benefit to society, and with gold plated pensions underwritten by the taxpayer.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY

"The number of people out of work in the UK rose by 111,000 to 1.53 million in the three months to November, official figures have shown."

Furthermore:

"...There was further bad news from the ONS figures, as the data revealed the number of people classed as "economically inactive" rose to its highest level since records began in 1971. ..."

Force train the unemployed as plumbers,that way plumbers rates will come down even further.

Perfect.

Comment

Furthermore:

What do you expect. Labour has always left power with more unemployed than when it started.

Comment

"There was further bad news from the ONS figures, as the data revealed the number of people classed as "economically inactive" rose to its highest level since records began in 1971.

The figure - which includes students, people looking after relatives and those who have given up looking for a job - rose 25,000 during the three months to November to 7.94 million"
          So expect another change in unemployment stats soon.

But don't worry, baby Leo is in real danger and could be kidnapped by the fairies (so all bad news will be buried...)
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

are you suggesting they should be checking next door

Originally posted by hyperD

But don't worry, baby Leo is in real danger and could be kidnapped by the fairies (so all bad news will be buried...)

if leo goes missing?
            (DG in confused mode(yeah,yeah,as always))
            Why not?

Comment

That fake story about Fathers4Justice and the potential kidnapping of Leo - a bit of Cambell-esque spinning of a non-story to bury sensitive info.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread5633.html
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Unemployment, in my opinion, is the one to watch
                The bigger one to watch is the 10-year cycle in unemployment, peaking in about year xxx2. I don't know why it happens, but I'm not going to be looking for a contract in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                  and expect last week's announced crack down on disability benefit to be quietly buried.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X