• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summary care records

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary care records

Does anyone know if the new government have dropped this idea or whether it still in the pipeline?
    The vegetarian option.

Still happening: I got my notification last week.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Still happening: I got my notification last week.
      Are you going with it or opting out?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Does anyone know if the new government have dropped this idea or whether it still in the pipeline?
        May well be on it's way out.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          May well be on it's way out.

Good find DaveB, but I fear it's too low priority to the government for them to stop it before it's inception.

Given the monotonous regularity with which sensitive databases are hacked into, left on buses, taxi back seats, or phone boxes. Or get lost in the post between departments, or stolen along with laptops from restaurants, offices or the back seats of parked cars. I'd feel a little safer not having all my aches and pains available for scrutiny. Identity theft can be a real pain when it's only financial data that's used. It could be even harder to prove you're who you say you are when someone else claims to know the details of all your hospital visits and prescribed medications in great detail.

Not for me thanks, this is just one database too far.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            It could be even harder to prove you're who you say you are when someone else claims to know the details of all your hospital visits and prescribed medications in great detail.
            Quiet. Like that's the main question people get asked when they are required to verify their identity.

Comment

All the "Programme for Government" (PDF) has to say is "We will put patients in charge of making decisions about their care, including control of their health records", which doesn't really say very much

Comment

I have personally been told of three deaths due to record mistakes, there are hundreds more every year, the current system is a total disaster and needs to be changed.

Like it or not your medical details will be on a database currently, probably on a crappy server in some unsecured surgery. Your details will also be in paper in that surgery and would take anyone with half a brain less than a week to get at it.

This again is political interfering in how the NHS works led by screaming bedwetting Luddites in the public.

Comment

I am shocked, I placed a post on here yesterday in support of a national health database and nobody has replied to counter what I said.

I hoped my post would encourage the usual paranoid ramblings of the left of centre mob and I must say I have failed.

I will take it you all agree with what I have said.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I am shocked, I placed a post on here yesterday in support of a national health database and nobody has replied to counter what I said.

I hoped my post would encourage the usual paranoid ramblings of the left of centre mob and I must say I have failed.

I will take it you all agree with what I have said.
                    I agree with you.

But I'd want assurance that my data could only be used for the stated purpose it is held, which at the moment is much more likely if it were held on that crappy database held in the doctor's surgery.

How can everyone be assured of that?

Comment

Working...
                    X