• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news - Britain no longer has the worst deficit in Europe!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news - Britain no longer has the worst deficit in Europe!!!

Far from being a Greek-style 12pc of gross domestic product or £163bn, (as prophesied by the Budget), Britain’s deficit last year (2009/10) was actually £145bn – just over 10pc of GDP ...

The good news in today’s figures is that borrowing in 2009-10 is now thought to have been £7.5 billion below last month’s initial estimate. This still leaves it at £156.1 billion, or 11.1% of national income, and the IMF forecasts published last week suggest that, of all the advanced and emerging economies, only Ireland and Latvia will have a higher level of borrowing in 2010.

More: Britain no longer has the worst deficit in Europe – Telegraph Blogs

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Far from being a Greek-style 12pc of gross domestic product or £163bn, (as prophesied by the Budget), Britain’s deficit last year (2009/10) was actually £145bn – just over 10pc of GDP ...

The good news in today’s figures is that borrowing in 2009-10 is now thought to have been £7.5 billion below last month’s initial estimate. This still leaves it at £156.1 billion, or 11.1% of national income, and the IMF forecasts published last week suggest that, of all the advanced and emerging economies, only Ireland and Latvia will have a higher level of borrowing in 2010.

More: Britain no longer has the worst deficit in Europe – Telegraph Blogs
    Well that is encouraging. I also managed to plumb in my dishwasher, which let me tell you was like letting a pack of gibbons loose with plumbing tools. Lawd only knows how it doesn't leak.

UK PLC is next, trust me
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It is still double last year's, which means it is still heading north spectacularly quickly.

Comment

Working...
      X