• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ashes to Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashes to Ashes

Everyone happy with that ending?

<spoiler>
    The world is really purgatory and all of the characters are in fact dead. Including Gene Hunt who is the ghost that keeps it all together.
    They all step into the light(pub) at the end as they are dead and head off to the afterlife
    Gene remains on his own! Until another 'new' copper walks through the door......
    </spoiler>
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I thought it was rather good but who was Jim?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Everyone happy with that ending?

Aye.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        The devil(or agent of). Trying to take souls to hell(hence the lift)
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          The devil(or agent of). Trying to take souls to hell(hence the lift)
          I thought that at first, but then thought it was a bit simplistic. Until the penultimate scene.
          The last scene was quite funny.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I got confused. I fear the episode required concentration.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes is purgatory. Jim keats was the devil. Gene Hunt was Jesus. Nelson was St Peter and The Railway Tavern was heaven.

A not unpredictable ending I thought (I guessed the identity of officer 6620 about 3 episodes back).

Comment

Good job I never watched an episode, the spoiler text shows in the tooltip when you hover over the thread in main forum page!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes is purgatory. Jim keats was the devil. Gene Hunt was Jesus. Nelson was St Peter and The Railway Tavern was heaven.

A not unpredictable ending I thought (I guessed the identity of officer 6620 about 3 episodes back).
                  Quite like the idea that Heaven might be a pub personally. Aligns with my own vision. Mind you, not sure about letting coppers in!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Quite like the idea that Heaven might be a pub personally. Aligns with my own vision. Mind you, not sure about letting coppers in!!
                    It's alright the coppers pub is in Manchester, not anywhere a respectable person would be.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X