• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Land of the midnight Sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land of the midnight Sun

Working from home way up north at the moment.
    Found myself going to bed very late at night, look outside at 21:00 it looks like 17:00
    This morning woke up and the sun was shinning brightly, thought I had over slept, look like 10:00, it was only 7:00.

How do the other up north CUK's handle these long long days.
    Last edited by alreadypacked; 24 May 2010, 10:26.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

I used to get up at the crack of dawn and enjoy it. It was a bit of a bugger waiting for the newsagents to open or the milkman to arrive if I'd run out of milk, but I could do a full day's work before lunch.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Found myself going to bed very late at night, look outside at 21:00 it looks like 17:00
      This morning woke up and the sun was shinning brightly, thought I had over slept, look like 10:00, it was only 7:00.

How do the other up north CUK's handle these long long days.

Drinking heavily.
      HTH
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        Drinking heavily.
        HTH
        Not an option, I still have to work. As I had to keep reminding myself when I first came back to the summer house. "I'm not on holiday"
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Where is way up north?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Where is way up north?
            Ireland, as far north as you can get.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Ireland, as far north as you can get.
              Is that the place called the Devil's Causeway?

I once spent a midsummer working in Sweden, when it never got dark at all. It does throw you a bit.

Comment

So where are you? Watford or some ghastly Northern place like that? How awful.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Was full daylight at 04:50 this morning ( I know cos one of the dogs started barking his arse off at something and woke me up). Won't be dark untill almost 22:00 tonight.
                  Last edited by DaveB; 24 May 2010, 11:22.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Was full daylight at 04:50 this morning ( I know cos one of the dogs started barking his arse off at something and woke me up). Won't be dark untill almost 22:00 tonight.
                    Yup. Always properly light at 04:30 / 04:45 when baby is up for the day, it's quite nice.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X