• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The million dollar question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The million dollar question

Absolutely hilarious video on why the euro is sinking...

The million dollar question | ForexLive
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

The million dollar question is have you stopped losing money in your new career or are you now sitting on significant profits from 2 years or research/losing?

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
      The million dollar question is have you stopped losing money in your new career or are you now sitting on significant profits from 2 years or research/losing?
      That's a bit of an obnoxious thing to post, you moron.

I am doing well thank you and I won't feel sorry for you when the contract market caves in and you're left with nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

I am doing well thank you and I won't feel sorry for you when the contract market caves in and you're left with nothing.
        He's right though. If you are making money it's just luck, likewise if you lose. Since the underlying system is random.
        HTH, but I doubt it as you have put your psychological barriers up to convince yourself you are right.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Absolutely hilarious video on why the euro is sinking...

The million dollar question | ForexLive
          Brilliant.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Whilst my post may be deemed obnoxious, it was born from genuine curiosity as to how you are getting on. Yours on the other hand reeks of bitterness and spite. Fortunately your scenario of the contract market caving in and leaving me with nothing is far enough from the truth as to be laughable.

Don't forget to pay your tax bill before you gamble it away.

HTH

Comment

Comment

The plain fact of the matter is that if you have 10,000 day traders, say, and every year half make money and the other half lose money. Lets say the ones who lose money stop trading and are replaced by new traders at the end of the year.
                After 5 years only 113 people will have made money in all 5 years and after 10 years only 9 will have made money in all 10 years, all through sheer luck.
                Those 9 are the Buffetts and the Soroses.
                Now Santa may join them, but the odds are aginst him.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Whilst my post may be deemed obnoxious, it was born from genuine curiosity as to how you are getting on. Yours on the other hand reeks of bitterness and spite. Fortunately your scenario of the contract market caving in and leaving me with nothing is far enough from the truth as to be laughable.

HTH
                  If you are genuinely curious about something, you will not find the answer by bad mouthing people.

I bid you good day.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The plain fact of the matter is that if you have 10,000 day traders, say, and every year half make money and the other half lose money. Lets say the ones who lose money stop trading and are replaced by new traders at the end of the year.
                    After 5 years only 113 people will have made money in all 5 years and after 10 years only 9 will have made money in all 10 years, all through sheer luck.
                    Those 9 are the Buffetts and the Soroses.
                    Now Santa may join them, but the odds are aginst him.
                    You are right, 95% of traders fail to make money.
                    I have a network of trader friends who make money every day.
                    Surround yourself with good people if you want to be successfull and that is what I have done.

I guess that means I better get off this forum quick, or the negativity may cause me to lose money.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    He's right though. If you are making money it's just luck, likewise if you lose. Since the underlying system is random.
                    HTH, but I doubt it as you have put your psychological barriers up to convince yourself you are right.
                    If the market was always truly random, do you think the likes of Goldmans would be trading it?

The market is random to different degrees at different times. You trade when the probabilities line up.
                    Last edited by SantaClaus; 24 May 2010, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                    X