• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really hacked off this morning…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really hacked off this morning…..

Just been told I may need to go to a firm in Southampton tomorrow for a day meeting. I live in Cheshire.

Normally no issue, but, sprung on me, no agenda, someone from another department is arranging things giving me a 20 minute slot for a 2 hour piece of work, so I am thinking what is the point.

What is really biting me is that my sister and niece who live in Bermuda are only in Cheshire tomorrow evening before they leave on Thursday morning, so I will be missing out on very important family time. Bites all the more knowing the meeting is a pointless exercise, which I will have to be there from 9-5 for despite only a few minutes for me to use.

Any escape routes from this one??

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Just been told I may need to go to a firm in Southampton tomorrow for a day meeting. I live in Cheshire.

Normally no issue, but, sprung on me, no agenda, someone from another department is arranging things giving me a 20 minute slot for a 2 hour piece of work, so I am thinking what is the point.

What is really biting me is that my sister and niece who live in Bermuda are only in Cheshire tomorrow evening before they leave on Thursday morning, so I will be missing out on very important family time. Bites all the more knowing the meeting is a pointless exercise, which I will have to be there from 9-5 for despite only a few minutes for me to use.

...and you think we'd be interested??

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Just say no, explain that you have plans.

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Oh the Ironing!... the Ironing!

GreasyBoy you really are a bad Troll... try to be a little less obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          its more interesting than finding out that you got in a train in the '80s you twonk

Comment

Gastro bug ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

• say you have plans and people have travelled to see you
              • throw a sickie
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Send them a handout and do your bit by phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow

Suicide hth

Comment

<cough sockie couch>
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X