• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last night's Football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's Football

My thoughts on the game...

Rob Green played well in goal which suggests that he is capable of playing as our number one in this World Cup, whilst Joey Hart played with the composure to suggest that he can be counted on if needed. Johnson played well on the right, whilst Leighton Barnes showed himself as a fairly solid as back-up for Ashley Cole. I thought that both Lennon and Walcott looked dangerous on the right-side of midfield.

I thought Walcott was particularly excellent last night. He caused all sorts of trouble to the Mexican backline although again, questions will be asked on his decision making when the final ball is to be delivered. Having said that, it was great to see Theo get past his markers and sprint down the wing and bounce back from nasty challenges, clearly showing that he is fit and ready to go.

In attack Crouch and Rooney seemed to work reasonably well up-front, which may elevate Crouch to the first 11 instead of Heskey.

Anyone?
    Last edited by gricerboy; 25 May 2010, 11:35.

I agree.

But I'm shocked to discover that that useless twat Heskey is still in the England squad
    (not being a walking football encyclopaedia or a follower of league football, I'm not up-to-date on the latest who's in and who's out).

Comment

Hart is easily England best keeper, why do you think Birmingham finished 9th?

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
        Hart is easily England best keeper, why do you think Birmingham finished 9th?
        they were/are a well organised team that went on an amazing run winning loads of games 1-0. Their centre halfs were exceptional. I don't think Hart is ready yet.

using your example then Paul Robinson should be in ahead of Green and James due to the fact that Blackburn finished higher ?

Comment

Leighton Barnes showed himself as a fairly solid as back-up for Ashley Cole.
          I thought he was weak and I wouldn't be suprised if Warnock doesn't get a run out next match.

I thought that both Lennon and Walcott looked dangerous on the right-side of midfield.
          Although Walcott lacked decision making.

In attack Crouch and Rooney seemed to work reasonably well up-front, which may elevate Crouch to the first 11 instead of Heskey.
          They didn't play as a pair and it was only when the ball was on the deck in the second half did rooney start to link up. Although he linked with Gerrard rather than any other striker.

Anyone?
          I though King was out of his depth, the back line was awful, Terry and either Carra/Rio will be the back 2.

Carrick might have played himself out of the squad.

Left side is Milners
          Last edited by FiveTimes; 25 May 2010, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            they were/are a well organised team that went on an amazing run winning loads of games 1-0. Their centre halfs were exceptional. I don't think Hart is ready yet.

using your example then Paul Robinson should be in ahead of Green and James due to the fact that Blackburn finished higher ?
            Im a season ticket holder there mate, Johnson and Dann played well but Hart must have been good for at least 10 points. I wouldnt give Robinson the time of day, same goes for James.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

King and Leighton Beins were ropey at best.

think the England back line is going to be weak neither terry/rio/carra seem to be playing any better than average.

carrick - oooot!

would prefer wright-phillips to walcott or lennon but I think all 3 should go as pace is always a good weapon

millner - in

we only have rooney as a top class forward - all the rest are average but I would say Roons plays better with Heskey

Comment

I wouldn't set too much store on last night's performances except for one thing. With Hargreaves out, Barry doubtful, and Parker out of favour for some reason, we are bereft of a decent holding player.

Carrick can't defend, Huddlestone is an immobile lump, and Milner has too much to learn in a short time if he's to do that job. Capello might have to stick Lampard there.

Is Nobby Stiles available?
                Last edited by Doggy Styles; 25 May 2010, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
                  same goes for James.
                  Did you see him on (I think) Football Focus, save shots from a machine blindfolded?

Not sure how many he had to do to get the 2 for the tape, but impressive nonetheless
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Capello summed it up. Good result, so-so performance.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X