• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am the one in ten

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the one in ten

I am the one in ten
    A number on a list
    I am the one in ten
    Even though I don`t exist
    Nobody Knows me
    Even though I`m always there
    A statistic, a reminder
    Of a world that doesn`t care

One in ten of us are heading for a million (but can't spend it) | Mail Online

One in ten people is worth an average of £815,900, research revealed yesterday.

If their fortune continues to increase, they will be millionaires within a few years.

The report highlights the extraordinary riches of an exclusive group of Britons who, if they add up all their assets, may be far richer than they realise.

This time next year Rodders!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I am the one in ten
    A number on a list
    I am the one in ten
    Nobody Knows me
    A statistic, a reminder

If their fortune continues to increase, they will be millionaires within a few years.

The report highlights the extraordinary riches of an exclusive group of Britons who, if they add up all their assets, may be far richer than they realise.

I thought you'd sold your house.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I thought you'd sold your house.
      I did. It's all losing money in the bank or dropping 3% per day on the stock market.

This time next year I will be a £5 aire at this rate.

Comment

I did. It's all losing money in the bank or dropping 3% per day on the stock market.

This time next year I will be a £5 aire at this rate.
        UK houses are also crashing against USD, gold, Mars Bars, etc.

Comment

I am the one in ten
          A number on a list
          I am the one in ten
          Nobody Knows me
          A statistic, a reminder

Let's hear it for inflation. Yowza!
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

...so basically anyone who isn't a millionaire is a loser.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              ...so basically anyone who isn't a millionaire is a loser.
              No, anyone who isn't a millionaire didn't make the most of the asset boom of the last 20 years.

However, when we hit rock bottom again in the near future, the opportunity to become wealthy will present itself again.

Comment

No, anyone who isn't a millionaire didn't make the most of the asset boom of the last 20 years.
                wasn't aged 30 or over.

Comment

One in ten people is worth an average of £815,900
                  What does that actually mean? Not one in ten people is worth £815,900 or above, that would be a different statement entirely. I'd guess it means if you take the wealthiest 10% and average them out, you get £815,900. Probably most of those 10% are worth about £300,000 and there's a super-rich 0.1% worth many millions pulling the average up. Very cunning massaging of the figures there.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    What does that actually mean? Not one in ten people is worth £815,900 or above, that would be a different statement entirely. I'd guess it means if you take the wealthiest 10% and average them out, you get £815,900. Probably most of those 10% are worth about £300,000 and there's a super-rich 0.1% worth many millions pulling the average up. Very cunning massaging of the figures there.
                    It's the Daily Mail FFS.

They also have an article about Ronan Keating playing golf at the weekend with his children.

Comment

Working...
                    X