• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorbikes? Anyone ride, what have you got.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorbikes? Anyone ride, what have you got.

My steeds are an Yamaha FJR 1300 tourer and a Yamaha Fazer 1000.

Off to Yorkshire for the long weekend on the FJR.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    My steeds are an Yamaha FJR 1300 tourer and a Yamaha Fazer 1000.

Off to Yorkshire for the long weekend on the FJR.
    VTR 1000 Firestorm here. Has open bore race pipes on with the not for road use covered up by the Manufacturers sticker. Would have swapped it for something newer but can't find a V twin with exhausts anywhere near as meaty and being engine/noise kinda guy not bothered about all the plastic so sticking with it for now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

1992 Buell RSS1200 and 1998 Buell S1.

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Hayabusa. Bit of an impulse buy and a white elephant sitting in the garage at the moment. Only done one longish trip to the south coast. Maybe use it more now the weather is better.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I've a BMW K75 in bits at a friends house. Does that count?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

My Son's tricycle.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Always wanted to start riding when I was 16 but my mum wouldn't let me have one so I never got round to it

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                Always wanted to start riding when I was 16 but my mum wouldn't let me have one so I never got round to it
                By 16 I'd worn out two trials bikes.

First bike was a bicycle with an old lawnmower engine friction drive on a hinge for a clutch. Fantastic stuff, wore the tyre out and the inner tube popped out of the side wall.

Comment

Triumph Sprint ST until some dozy bint drove in to the back of me while I was turning left resulting in a thoroughly ruined leg.

On seeing a motorbike now, my little girl says "Daddy hasn't got a motorbike any more. Daddy sad"

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                    Triumph Sprint ST until some dozy bint drove in to the back of me while I was turning left resulting in a thoroughly ruined leg.

On seeing a motorbike now, my little girl says "Daddy hasn't got a motorbike any more. Daddy sad"
                    One of mine is a born biker, when she was young I sat her on the seat and her little leg was feeling out for the kick-start. Well she were too young to know of that fancy electric starter stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X