• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pushbikes. Anyone ride? What have you got?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushbikes. Anyone ride? What have you got?

I've got a five year old Specialized Sirrus Elite which I love. Probably clocked up around 10,000 miles on it, and now cranking up for Lands End to John O Groats in July. Just had it serviced - new everything - think it would have been cheaper to buy a new bike.

Also got a Rockhopper (hardtail) which I use for off road adventures.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I've got a five year old Specialized Sirrus Elite which I love. Probably clocked up around 10,000 miles on it, and now cranking up for Lands End to John O Groats in July. Just had it serviced - new everything - think it would have been cheaper to buy a new bike.

Also got a Rockhopper (hardtail) which I use for off road adventures.
    Got a Specialized Allez Triple, thats about 3 months old. Also got a Halfords no-name branded hardtail Mountain bike that I've had for 5 or six years now. Son now has my old road bike, was a cheapo job from a local bike shop that cost about £150 a few years ago.
    Had to put a new back wheel and tyre on it at short notice for the Etape and that plus a new cassette and chain together are worth more than I paid for the bike to begin with
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by gicerboy View Post
      Always wanted to start riding but my mum wouldn't let me have one so I never got round to it

Comment

A good few push-bikes.

Several collectors pieces: Eddy Merckx racer, Weinmann 999 brakes, English Clubman size wheels which means I can't get proper tires for it now, but wheelchair ones fit. Bugatti, one designed and built by Ettore Bugatti from when he worked in a bike shop, and some others.

Then the others are basically built by myself from parts. A city commuter, heavyweight everything. A 29er, then for racing a full sus XC, hardtail XC, a full sus DH, and a normal style racer.

Probably enough parts laying around to build some more, but don't need to.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Probably enough parts laying around to build some more, but don't need to.
          You'll need them when the time machine breaks down anyway
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't know where you are, but if you like vintage bikes the Benson (Oxfordshire) Vintage cycle rally is well worth a visit. First Sunday of July. The riders all dress up and there's some fantastic bikes - wooden boneshakers, penny farthings, early folding bikes.

Comment

I don't know much about bikes but:

I've got something called "Claude Butler - Pine Lake".... with a matching one for MrsD....
              which (upon reflection) seems a little bit "Howard & Hilda".....

but I am a lazy bleeder and don't use it often......

Comment

Brompton. British ingenuity and engineering at its finest.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

k2p2, I'm thinking of buying a Sirrus, alongside the cheapo Raleigh MTB I use at the moment

How do you find it compared to a MTB - and how well does it cope with bridlepaths / hard packed paths (not muddy), I generally do 70/30 road/offroad

Comment

Cannondale F1000 SL from way back in 2001 but love it. Have Spinergy RevRox 4 spoke carbon wheels on it (the ones that caused law suits cos when they broke they killed you) which have amazingly lasted...

Also cannondale raven, which stays in the garage.

Comment

Working...
                    X