• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices down 70% from peak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices down 70% from peak

In real money, not the funny money printy printy BoE stuff.

In real money, British house prices are down by 70% - MoneyWeek

Didn't we do this one with Dim the other week?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

In real money, British house prices are down by 70% - MoneyWeek
      Very interesting. I'm in the process of selling a BTL which only had a small mortgage and was going to wait a little while before re-investing as I reckon houses have a fair way to fall yet.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Moving to new rented house next week - choice isn't that great and rent rates sure not much smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Moving to new rented house next week - choice isn't that great and rent rates sure not much smaller.
          AtW, an honest question, where do you get your money from? OK I know SKA got funding recently but I read somewhere you gave up work 6 years ago, what did you do inbetween that and the funding? Sell ass?

Comment

People buy houses to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              AtW, an honest question, where do you get your money from? OK I know SKA got funding recently but I read somewhere you gave up work 6 years ago, what did you do inbetween that and the funding? Sell ass?
              Can't imagine that would bring in very much. I reckon the mainstay of his income is the voiceovers for the Meerkats adverts.

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                He challenges people to boxing matches then charges people to watch him getting pummeled.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  This would be a worrying development if I was ever considering buying my next house with a wheelbarrow full of gold bars.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    People buy houses to borrow against.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X