• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can they still do this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they still do this?

Just got an email from an agent

"Special Consideration or additional job information
    ONLY SC Cleared will be considered (MUST have been used in last 6 months). Start date is as soon as possible "

I thought they had to word it more tactfully than that.
    Anyway i wish them luck, there's a shortage in none SC cleared bods in my area at the mo
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

They are allowed to if the job is expected to last for less time that it would take to gain clearance.

Officially it should only take 6 weeks for clearance to be sorted, in practice I believe it tends to take longer.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Why does it help to have been used in the past 6 months? Do they do ongoing checks while it's in use? or do they just think somebody who's been doing a cleared role lately is ipso facto less of a security risk?

Comment

Working...
      X