• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Tax - Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Tax - Statement

Got a statement of account from Hector - it say I'm approx. £23K **** in credit *** and states "unallocated" to the various amounts making up this amount for the 2003/4 tax year - presumably he's lost my tax return for 2003/4 and doesn't know what year to allocate this tax to!

I'm certainly not telling them ... didn't even receive a fine for a tax return not sent.

Any thoughts?

Was hoping that the credit would mean that I don't need to pay the 2004/5 tax due by end of Jan but a/c says I do ...

Hey, bob, you've posted this three times now. Calm down, sit down and have a cup of tea.

First off, have you tried asking your accountant?

Comment

Touch of the "spam every forum" tremors, eh Bob?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

sorry guys - I'm calm - just interested to know ...

Comment

Originally posted by Xena
          Hey, bob, you've posted this three times now. Calm down, sit down and have a cup of tea.

First off, have you tried asking your accountant?
          a/c just said keep quiet and wait for them to allocate it themselves as I've done everything right

just wanted to be able to use this amount against 2004/5 tax year ...

Comment

Do you have any reason to believe your accountant's advice is incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by Xena
              Do you have any reason to believe your accountant's advice is incorrect?
              Not at all

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
                a/c just said keep quiet and wait for them to allocate it themselves as I've done everything right.
                That is except submit a valid tax return for one or more years !!
                I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
                  Got a statement of account from Hector - it say I'm approx. £23K **** in credit *** and states "unallocated" to the various amounts making up this amount for the 2003/4 tax year - presumably he's lost my tax return for 2003/4 and doesn't know what year to allocate this tax to!

I'm certainly not telling them ... didn't even receive a fine for a tax return not sent.

Any thoughts?

Was hoping that the credit would mean that I don't need to pay the 2004/5 tax due by end of Jan but a/c says I do ...
                  Best to let your Local Tax Centre know of this overpayment.

Apparently the latest Government legislation will have you deemed as a Dangerous Terrorist if this ever comes out in the wash and face a possible life sentence.

Have you considered this is not an accident but perhaps they have done this deliberately with you in the hope they can establish a case law?
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 January 2006, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
                    That is except submit a valid tax return for one or more years !!
                    If I hadn't submitted a valid tax return, the statement would show a fine and I would have received such, but it doesn't and I didn't ...

Comment

Working...
                    X