• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wahey! Just found £10K I forgot about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wahey! Just found £10K I forgot about

What a result! Clearing out a load of boxes & stuff and lo and behold, found a large envelope for £10K in cash that I must have put there Xmas before last.

I thought I was a bit light for last year on one of the businesses.

I really do need to get a grip with filing & banking.

Boomed!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Happened more than once.

What about finding you still own a quite valuable car you thought you'd sold!!!!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      What a result! Clearing out a load of boxes & stuff and lo and behold, found a large envelope for £10K in cash that I must have put there Xmas before last.

Boomed!
      10k??? pfffffffffft hardly worth getting excited about, let alone posting about...contractors these days eh

Comment

Originally posted by churkus View Post
        10k??? pfffffffffft hardly worth getting excited about, let alone posting about...contractors these days eh
        Yeah, you have a favourite sofa, and the kids decide your living room need new furniture, take it out to burn, arghhhh that's where I keep the cash jobs cash....

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Yeah, you have a favourite sofa, and the kids decide your living room need new furniture, take it out to burn, arghhhh that's where I keep the cash jobs cash....
          Well. It's a night out. Think I may head over to the pub to celebrate.

In the good old days of double shops at Xmas, I once had 40k floating around the house over christmas. Missus had kittens, so I started to hide it.

I'm still hoping my passport I lost four years ago(I put it somewhere safe) turns up one day!!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well. It's a night out. Think I may head over to the pub to celebrate.

In the good old days of double shops at Xmas, I once had 40k floating around the house over christmas. Missus had kittens, so I started to hide it.

I'm still hoping my passport I lost four years ago(I put it somewhere safe) turns up one day!!!!!
            Yes I could certainly have a good one on 10k, mind you Id be very dead by the end of the night... believe me.

ps the passport is in safe hands

Comment

Boomed!
              Well - on a serious note - I hope it sorts out your Tat Shop cash flow for a while..........

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Happened more than once.

What about finding you still own a quite valuable car you thought you'd sold!!!!

You couldn't make it up, but I'll try ...

After riding in his estate all morning, Threaded reached a village. Past a row of tythe cottages housing some some of his estate workers, was a large barn he had completely forgotten about.

In this barn he found several of the cars listed here, all in pristine nick, and then remembered they were his too.

(or are we talking matchbox cars?)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I found a tenner on the way to work the other morning and was thriller for about 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

You couldn't make it up, but I'll try ...

After riding in his estate all morning, Threaded reached a village. Past a row of tythe cottages housing some some of his estate workers, was a large barn he had completely forgotten about.

In this barn he found several of the cars listed here, all in pristine nick, and then remembered they were his too.

(or are we talking matchbox cars?)
                    Well, the contractors did plow a field that I didn't know I owned. Then the guy who thought it was his field came round to complain. Nearly went legal, till we got the deeds out and yes it was mine. I let him off for the back rent. 'Cause I'm a big softy really.

Comment

Working...
                    X