• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amsterdam midweek.. Dead or ok?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsterdam midweek.. Dead or ok?

Thinking of going to Amsterdam on Sunday for a couple of days but would like to know what the place is like midweek. Does everything shut down and get pretty quiet or is it still jumping? Will it be as busy as weekend because it is bank hols over here you think?

Any advice appreciated.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Thinking of going to Amsterdam on Sunday for a couple of days but would like to know what the place is like midweek. Does everything shut down and get pretty quiet or is it still jumping? Will it be as busy as weekend because it is bank hols over here you think?

Any advice appreciated.
    We had our bank holiday this week (Ascension day) - last BH 'til Christmas. Monday is a quiet day usually - shops here have their half day closing on Monday mornings although I doubt this affects Amsterdam tourist areas. Restaurants tend close on Monday or Tuesday evenings (which should indicate their quiet nights) for their one night per week off, but there should be lots to choose from.

As for jumping... does any city jump at the start of the week?

Basically if you're coming for the weed then you'll find it, and if you're coming for the amazing clubs then forget it - try Berlin maybe, or the Spanish Costas.
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
    X