• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Constantly whining, resistant to change IT personnel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constantly whining, resistant to change IT personnel

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Adapt or Die. Adapt or Die.

Good knowing yeh!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Adapt or Die. Adapt or Die.

Good knowing yeh!
      You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your ******' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say *f\/ck* that thing! Let's fight it!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your ******' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say *f\/ck* that thing! Let's fight it!

I heard you weren't good at the begging thing. 10 years in a Siberian salt mine for stealing that potato! Was it worth it?

Your hands scarred, down to the bone by the constant digging. The 'Hey ho, hey Ho, it's off to work we go' songs and Cosack dancing. Your knarled hands trying, trying to prise the lid off those Heinz beans. Curse this damn tin opener. Sniffing the side, fighting like dirty dogs over the last tin. Sharing 10 to a room. "No Mrs Murphy, theres' nobody in my bedsit, no, no-one here'! Dreaming, one day of escape. When that wall comes down. When the Communists give up, I'll escape. To the West. The West!!! The Land of the Free! Of Democracy! Squirrels running free, the wind in the hair. Grays, Reds!(not many of them now). I'll feed them, they'll be my friends. I'll show them. I'll show them all. One Day!! ONE DAY! GOOGLE! YOU WILL BE MINE! YOU WILL BE MINE!!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Old Soviet joke

An old man comes across a long queue. He asks the man at the back "What are they giving out?"
          "A kick in the balls."
          "To everybody?" asks the old man, "or just to Stakhanovites?"

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            An old man comes across a long queue. He asks the man at the back "What are they giving out?"
            "A kick in the balls."
            "To everybody?" asks the old man, "or just to Stakhanovites?"

For the lesser educated types (yes I mean you MF): Stakhanovite movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

102 tons of coal in less than 6 hours ???? Must be that horse in Animal Farm. Cue for a song.

YouTube - Tennessee ernie Ford - 16 Tons
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                102 tons of coal in less than 6 hours ???? Must be that horse in Animal Farm. Cue for a song.

YouTube - Tennessee ernie Ford - 16 Tons
                Most Taylorism is bulltulip. Just read his books. My favourite is the 'pigs' on the loading dock of the Bethlehem Steel Works. It's just not physically possible to get that many up there.

So I would suggest this 102 tons thing is of a similar nature.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

morning Threaded, up early or is the TimeMachine on the blink again?
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    morning Threaded, up early or is the TimeMachine on the blink again?
                    I'm normally up this time. 'Tis the nature of the job.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X