• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How tight is your clientco's web permissioning?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tight is your clientco's web permissioning?

Been at new client co for 3 weeks and their web permissioning is as tight as a gnats chuff.

No games(ala PC games reviews etc) sites , no ebay, no "Messageboard and Forums", nothing of much interest available.

Not sure what Contractor UK is classed as by "Web Sense" but I can still get here.

Work though lunch anyone??
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

I have a little dongle thing that gets me broadband over mobile.

Just plug it in a USB port Windows, Apple or Linux and it mostly self installs.

Surfs faster than most clients networks.

Which is nice.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Which is nice.
      Which supplier is that?
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Which is nice.
        On your own laptop, or the clients' provided machine? If the latter, some network admin will cack themselves when they find out, shortly before you get marched off site

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Which supplier is that?
          Huawei E398

I get a true 100M downstream :-)

Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
            On your own laptop, or the clients' provided machine? If the latter, some network admin will cack themselves when they find out, shortly before you get marched off site
            They would have to be good to find out.

And they're permies. So that they ain't.

They're so anal as to have software to measure how much you're working.

I've subverted that too.

Which is nice.

Comment

what? Keystrokes per minute counted?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                what? Keystrokes per minute counted?
                Yeah, time tracking by application so they can see how long you're in word, ie, eclipse, etc.. Logs websites and pages.

I just have a little script that listens in to what others in the local net are doing, filters, randomise and replay. Simples.

Comment

No web access for contractors here. Permies get it though. Great when you need to find the answer to something, which would normally be a 30 second Google away. Welcome to 1992.

Posted from trap 3. You'd better believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                    No web access for contractors here. Permies get it though. Great when you need to find the answer to something, which would normally be a 30 second Google away. Welcome to 1992.
                    That's just mean.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X