• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't try this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't try this...

Been good with the diet but craving chocolate so bought some diabetic chocolate from Boots. I thought the small print said no more than three bars a day, it was three squares a day.

Remember the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles where they're all eating beans? I'm doing it solo and it's not much fun.
    Me, me, me...

Ate a large bar of Sainsburys wholenut dark chocolate a couple of weeks ago

Spent the next few days on the bog!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Are you sure it wasn't that laxative chocolate?
      It might as well be...
      Me, me, me...

Comment

This is a side effect of the sweetners. Xylitol? Smints have the same effect. My dad is diabetic, and was regaling my mother in law to be about the effects of diabetic marmalade and the proverbial eye of a needle effect if you have too much. I wouldn't have minded, but we were in a restaurant having a meal between the two families to celebrate our engagement
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          This is a side effect of the sweetners. Xylitol? Smints have the same effect. My dad is diabetic, and was regaling my mother in law to be about the effects of diabetic marmalade and the proverbial eye of a needle effect if you have too much. I wouldn't have minded, but we were in a restaurant having a meal between the two families to celebrate our engagement
          No laxative effect just impersonating a methane factory.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Laxative chocolate sounds perfect - self regulating - the more you eat, the more you tulip. Eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Come to think of it, sounds like my recent trip to India...

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Laxative chocolate sounds perfect - self regulating - the more you eat, the more you tulip. Eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Come to think of it, sounds like my recent trip to India...
              Allergy Warning
              This Forum may contain nuts

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                The Intergalacic Laxative (cant remember a lot of it but a bit of the Chorus goes)
                If Tuliping is your problem when you're up amongst the stars....
                The Intergalactic Laxative will get you from here to Mars....

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Diabetic confectionary and suchlike generally contains liberal amounts of sorbitol, which makes one trump like a cart horse.

(It can also aggravate irritable bowel syndrome.)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Diabetic confectionary and suchlike generally contains liberal amounts of sorbitol, which makes one trump like a cart horse.

(It can also aggravate irritable bowel syndrome.)
                    No tulip!

igmc
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X