• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slating Contractors!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slating Contractors!!!

Guy in the booth one over is on the phone giving it some major 'Big I am' noise. He is absolutely slating contractors at clientco.

Banging on about how a number of contractors asked for extra money to work the weekend and what a bunch of money grabbing bastards they are.

So far, he's slated contractors as a group as a whole. 'Lazy','Money grabbing','not worth the money'!!! He's going mental!!

Wahey!! (Begby style)

He's just going for a fag. I'm gonna head over and wind the jockey well up......

Suggestions for approach.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Well what ever his other failings are he isn't wrong on this one

Might just want to congratulate him on his correct but not complete assesment. He forgot to mention overpaid, rich and clock watching and then leave him spluttering
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

He's just going for a fag. I'm gonna head over and kiss his arse so I don't get told to hand in my burger king work shirt.
      FTFY

Comment

You could of course remind him exactly how much you got paid for walking out and standing with him while he has his fag and that you know exactly how much you get for having a piss, dump and making a coffee and all are well in to the 10's if not 100's of pounds.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Funny as hell. Just had a Lethal Weapon 2 moment.

He was still seething when he went out for fag. I wondered up coffee in hand, and as I was the only one there he carried on venting (he was a little stressed as he has a major rollout on the w/e)

Having let him vent for about 10 minutes and finishing my coffee, I said 'Sorry got to get back to it off for the weekend so need to finish up' and I pulled my badge out and put it on.

My badge is a different colour and says the word 'Contractor' in big letters on it.

He looked at me in disbelief and said 'But you're blick!' (well he said You're a contractor in truth)

He keeps looking over now and tutting.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Join him for a fag and mention that your country home needs rethatching, but it's only going to cost 30 grand.
            Guaranteed renewal - kerrrching!
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Just wink at him, give him a thumbs up and make a quiet "kerching" sound whenever you catch his eye..............

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Guy in the booth one over is on the phone giving it some major 'Big I am' noise. He is absolutely slating contractors at clientco.

Banging on about how a number of contractors asked for extra money to work the weekend and what a bunch of money grabbing bastards they are.

So far, he's slated contractors as a group as a whole. 'Lazy','Money grabbing','not worth the money'!!! He's going mental!!

Wahey!! (Begby style)

He's just going for a fag. I'm gonna head over and wind the jockey well up......

Suggestions for approach.
                I find "that's the easiest 500 quid i've ever earned, done f****** all today" goes down well.

Comment

Send him a link to your "found £10k" thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X